Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,175

1 members and 3,174 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usps

Thanks

Re: Usps

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Hornby View Post
    Does anyone know if the USPS will ship snakes? I have some friends that do tarantulas and they ship them all via USPS. He says his most expensive shipment is 25$.
    FED-EX all day long. Overnight with a few hend warmers in the box. Had this done a few times and NO problems. Hope this helps. Ray
    0.0.1 Ball Python

Thanks

I like Fed-Ex the most, followed by UPS then USPS. Fed-Ex and UPS always give me great customer service....USPS never does. Our USPS carriers are always pissy and they refuse to leave packages that do not even require signatures at our door despite the fact that I have filled out the paperwork to allow them to 3 times. They would rather send it to an annex 4 miles from our place so we have to go out of our way to get it...oh, and don't forget your proof of adress, otherwise you have to come back. I showed them my driver's license, which did not have a change of adress sticker on it yet, and they would not give me my package b/c the adress was not the same...despite the name and face clearly matching the ID and package...Ugh!

Rant over. Sorry.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    I like Fed-Ex the most, followed by UPS then USPS. Fed-Ex and UPS always give me great customer service....USPS never does. Our USPS carriers are always pissy and they refuse to leave packages that do not even require signatures at our door despite the fact that I have filled out the paperwork to allow them to 3 times. They would rather send it to an annex 4 miles from our place so we have to go out of our way to get it...oh, and don't forget your proof of adress, otherwise you have to come back. I showed them my driver's license, which did not have a change of adress sticker on it yet, and they would not give me my package b/c the adress was not the same...despite the name and face clearly matching the ID and package...Ugh!

Rant over. Sorry.
    100% agree, some of their rules are dumb. My mother would be the first to tell you that, but the punishments for not following the rules exactly as they are written are very harsh.

For example, my mom works at the front window, and she is required to ask a set list of questions whether or not you just told them how you want your package to go out. If one of the questions is missed, she could get fired. boom, done.

The other one that gets her mad is she has to weigh EVERYTHING to make sure it is below the 3lb mark for regular shipping. So, if for example you want to send out 100 wedding invitations, the rule book says that every letter must be weighed individually. Now, she doesn't follow that rule all the time because she can tell when a letter doesn't weigh 3lbs, and if you have 100 of the same thing .. chances are they all are the same weight, and with the long lines she tries to get it moving.

Anyway, I think a lot of my frustrations with the USPS lie in their stupid rules.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    My response was something along the lines of "If the USPS didn't suck so hard at shipping, and didn't charge out the butt compared to the others .. I would use them!".
    I was always under the impression that USPS was the cheapest method of shipping.

I know when I worked at UPS the trainers openly told up that they had the most expensive method of shipping.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ya USPS is by far the cheapest. To send something Next Day air by FedEx is on average 30-50$ USPS it is like 10-25$

Thanks

USPS is not the cheapest solution. At all.

Besides, even if in cases they would be cheaper, I would still go with UPS or FedEx due to their more relaxed policies (IE they are not a Government Agency) and they have better on time deliveries, and I can track the shipments way better.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    USPS is not the cheapest solution. At all.
    Then what is?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scales owner View Post
    FED-EX all day long. Overnight with a few hend warmers in the box. Had this done a few times and NO problems. Hope this helps. Ray

Hopefully, you're not using hand warmers since they aren't rated for being safe for shipping reptiles and can asphyxiate them with the fumes coming off of them. Reptile rated heat packs are very affordable at http://www.superiorenterprise.com. I wouldn't be very pleased to find someone shipped me reptile with hand warmers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

AjBalls (02-27-2009)

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Hopefully, you're not using hand warmers since they aren't rated for being safe for shipping reptiles and can asphyxiate them with the fumes coming off of them. Reptile rated heat packs are very affordable at http://www.superiorenterprise.com. I wouldn't be very pleased to find someone shipped me reptile with hand warmers.
    Robin, those "reptile rated" heat packs are no different. They contain the same ingredients and produce the same effect. I've used the 24 hour "hand warmers" from Wal-Mart for the last 5-6 years. I've made hundreds of shipments with no problems. What were people using before "reptile rated" warmers were being sold?.....hand warmers. They all consume oxygen. The key is knowing where to place them and how not to use them. Being "reptile rated" is only good marketing to make you buy the idea they are different. Same principle as with some mite killing sprays. You can get the exact same product for 1/4 the price at any pharmacy or Wal-Mart. There is just money to be made in the reptile industry.
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scales owner View Post
    Are you certified? or do you just ship overnight saying its something else?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast