Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,311

3 members and 3,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usps

Hybrid View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Usps

Does anyone know if the USPS will ship snakes? I have some friends that do tarantulas and they ship them all via USPS. He says his most expensive shipment is 25$.

Thanks

Re: Usps

no, USPS will not ship snakes.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

They will trough this site http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ , however no word on whether or not individuals will be able to do so in the future.
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    They will trough this site http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ , however no word on whether or not individuals will be able to do so in the future.
    Deborah, that is UPS that ships snakes. USPS does not allow snake shipments and it is punishable by law under violation of the Lacey Act.
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    We are UPS-approved for peer-to-peer shipping of snakes and reptiles in the United States.

pasted from the ship your reptiles site!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wonder if that site will turn out anything like Reptster

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AjBalls View Post
    Wonder if that site will turn out anything like Reptster
    No, I do not beleive that it will. I beleive that Pro Exotics is much better organized. I also beleive that Pro Exotics has taken their time to make sure that one this is set up, it will run smoothly.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Hornby View Post
    Does anyone know if the USPS will ship snakes? I have some friends that do tarantulas and they ship them all via USPS. He says his most expensive shipment is 25$.
    FED-EX all day long. Overnight with a few hend warmers in the box. Had this done a few times and NO problems. Hope this helps. Ray
    0.0.1 Ball Python

Thanks

I like Fed-Ex the most, followed by UPS then USPS. Fed-Ex and UPS always give me great customer service....USPS never does. Our USPS carriers are always pissy and they refuse to leave packages that do not even require signatures at our door despite the fact that I have filled out the paperwork to allow them to 3 times. They would rather send it to an annex 4 miles from our place so we have to go out of our way to get it...oh, and don't forget your proof of adress, otherwise you have to come back. I showed them my driver's license, which did not have a change of adress sticker on it yet, and they would not give me my package b/c the adress was not the same...despite the name and face clearly matching the ID and package...Ugh!

Rant over. Sorry.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    I like Fed-Ex the most, followed by UPS then USPS. Fed-Ex and UPS always give me great customer service....USPS never does. Our USPS carriers are always pissy and they refuse to leave packages that do not even require signatures at our door despite the fact that I have filled out the paperwork to allow them to 3 times. They would rather send it to an annex 4 miles from our place so we have to go out of our way to get it...oh, and don't forget your proof of adress, otherwise you have to come back. I showed them my driver's license, which did not have a change of adress sticker on it yet, and they would not give me my package b/c the adress was not the same...despite the name and face clearly matching the ID and package...Ugh!

Rant over. Sorry.
    100% agree, some of their rules are dumb. My mother would be the first to tell you that, but the punishments for not following the rules exactly as they are written are very harsh.

For example, my mom works at the front window, and she is required to ask a set list of questions whether or not you just told them how you want your package to go out. If one of the questions is missed, she could get fired. boom, done.

The other one that gets her mad is she has to weigh EVERYTHING to make sure it is below the 3lb mark for regular shipping. So, if for example you want to send out 100 wedding invitations, the rule book says that every letter must be weighed individually. Now, she doesn't follow that rule all the time because she can tell when a letter doesn't weigh 3lbs, and if you have 100 of the same thing .. chances are they all are the same weight, and with the long lines she tries to get it moving.

Anyway, I think a lot of my frustrations with the USPS lie in their stupid rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast