Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,929

0 members and 2,929 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum

Thread: rhp questions

Hybrid View

Thanks

rhp questions

i have heard all the hype about these rhp and even have been on several websites offering them for sale. Lately i`ve been thinking about how i could make enclosures to utilize them...

what im wondering is how much space should these things be covering on the top side of the enclosure?

do you only put it on the top side of one end of the enclosure like you would when using an uth or do you put it over half of the enclosure or the whole thing or what?

if any of you people are using these rhp with luck, would you please post a few pics of your enclosures so i can get a grasp on this, and maybe even some ideas?

thanks.
    2.0 normal ball pythons (skippy and franny)
    1.0 double yellow-headed amazon parrot (sosa)

Thanks

Re: rhp questions

84montesc,
    This is an RBI enclosure that I purchased with the panel installed. The enclosure is 3x2. It is an 80 watt panel (size), but depending on your room temp (mine gets cold) you might be able to use a 40 watt panel to achieve the same results. As with any heat source, you need to use a thermostat to control the output temp.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks

Hey there~

I won't post pictures since Sandy's shows the placement very well.
    RHP's are really awesome and I'll not use any other type of heat in any of my cages.

I'm making 3 wooden boa cages for my females and so the cages will be large. Since I'm making them very tall (boas like to climb) I'll be using two RHP's per cage; one on the top and another under one of the shelves.

Some really good information about RHP's can be found here: http://www.reptilebasics.com/Radiant...FAQ-sp-11.html. I purchase all of my supplies through RBI as I have not found better customer service anywhere else and Rich could not be a nicer guy to deal with and give my money to

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I fully agree with Sandy and Starmom...RBI's RHP is fantastic...I have 2 with the 80 watt RHP and will probably pick up a couple of more sometime in the near future...Rich is a great guy and you won't find better customer service...
    I'm FedEx Certified...
    Bearded Dragon's and a small collection of snakes are my focus...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies..."
    "Punish the deed, not the breed..."