Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,175

2 members and 3,173 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,564
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: mojave or not?

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: mojave or not?

Quote Originally Posted by douglesser View Post
    no you would get plain old normals. If a bp has any genetics for mojave it would be visually unmistakable.

hence my pastel statement
    0.0.1 normal bp (SHOGUN)
    0.0.2 amel corn (KOZMO & SAM)
    0.0.1 cali. kingsnake (ELVIS)

Thanks

Re: mojave or not?

another thing is if she is so convinced this normal is a mojave, what would stop her from selling the rest of the normal sibblings as 'het mojave' or normal as mojave? I'd put out a post on he on the BOI. not nessisarilly as a 'bad seller' since she is giving you your money bak, but as a look out to watch what you buy from her
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Thanks

Beware snake collecting is very addictive. Have fun with your great looking BP.

DRS
    Pure Breed Pythons

Thanks

ok so after reading that link up ther i see that if you mate 2 co-doms they will make normals but they are just normals no hets. i understand what all you guys are saying now i just had to see it and read about it a little for it to make since

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Douglesser View Post
    Beware snake collecting is very addictive. Have fun with your great looking BP.

DRS
    Pure Breed Pythons

yea i can tell already lol thanks for the info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nagini88 View Post
    it has been said numorous times that there is no het mojave, mojave is a mojave, nomal looking ball pythons produced by a mojave breedings are normals. Nothing more, normals. you would get 25% Blue eyed lucy, 50% mojave, 25% normal from a mojavexmojave beeding
    yea i got that but nobody said why so it made ZERO sense until i read it. everyone is very quick to say no but wont explain why which makes things very hard to understand

Thanks

ok if you went along with paying for this snake and such (didn't continue reading thread cause it was ridiculous) so i don't know.
    you were scammed and the worst part about it is you think you weren't! cmon your asking the "pros" as you stated. take their word no one here tends to lead people in the wrong way.
    Why ask advice and not take it? There is NO HET FOR MOJAVE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drew2420 View Post
    ok if you went along with paying for this snake and such (didn't continue reading thread cause it was ridiculous) so i don't know.
    you were scammed and the worst part about it is you think you weren't! cmon your asking the "pros" as you stated. take their word no one here tends to lead people in the wrong way.
    Why ask advice and not take it? There is NO HET FOR MOJAVE

ok drew, why post if youre just going to be a jerk. and only 1 and i repeat 1 person actually wrote the words ther is no het for mojave. i kept asking if ther was and people were saying all this scientific stuff that i dont understand. and if you would have read you would see i did take their advice and request a refund. thankyou for being stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Nagini88 View Post
    it has been said numorous times that there is no het mojave, mojave is a mojave, nomal looking ball pythons produced by a mojave breedings are normals. Nothing more, normals. you would get 25% Blue eyed lucy, 50% mojave, 25% normal from a mojavexmojave beeding
    this is the only person who answered my question and thankyou for that but i dont agree that it was said numerous time that ther is no het mojave because ive read everything over a few times and this is the first time its actaully said like that

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

The only reason people will telly ou to return it is because you said you wanted a mojave. That snake has no genes for mojave, so we would advise returning it. Since you said you want to keep it as a pet, then fine. You should be glad she is offering you a partial refund, since if she REALLY thought it was a mojave, she would not offer a partial refund at all. She knows it's a normal, and none of us want to see you deal with someone who is selling normals as mojaves.
    For simple terms, a mojave ball python shows it's genetics in the colors and patterns of it's skin. It's a co-dom gene. If it has the mojave gene, it shows the mojave pattern and coloration. If it does not have the mojave gene, it looks like a normal, because it has NO mojave genes.
    If you have a snake with TWO mojave genes, then it will show as a all white snake called a luetistic.
    If you get a pastel from this same person, I would be very leery, and be sure to look for green eyes, and the pastel colors and blushing. Feel free to ask what signs to specifically look for, so you get a pastel, and not another normal. There is also no het for pastel, just like there is no het for mojave.
    I hope this explains it, and I hope you enjoy your pet, as much as later on you may enjoy your morphs.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

austinr (02-05-2009)

Thanks

thankyou wolfy-hound. i read through the pastel identifying threda and ill make sure to read it again before i pick it out just to make sure ther is no other mixup

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast