Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,395

1 members and 3,394 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Reddish pink belly?

My '08 mojo has had a reddish pink belly which he developed a few days after his last shed(about 2 weeks ago). His shed was complete and in one piece? My normal girl had it and is in a tub right beside him, but a few days after I noticed it I saw she was in blue and attributed hers to shedding. Since then I've used my temp gun to check it every other day or so. The accurite reads 80 on the cool side and the temp gun reads 81 and the hot side reads 89 on the AR while the temp gun reads 91. I've checked for scale rot because he shed while I was out of town for the weekend and along with it came the usual post shed use of the bathroom, but haven't seen anything that looks like it. I would take pics, but he ate earlier today and I'm not disturbing him until friday. Has anybody ever had this happen or know of a cause for this?
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks

Re: Reddish pink belly?

What substrate are you keeping them on? I have seen a snake suddenly show up with a pinkish belly after spilling some water on their newspaper substrate.

Go NCSU Wolfpack!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PythonChick For This Useful Post:

dreese88 (02-04-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonChick View Post
    What substrate are you keeping them on? I have seen a snake suddenly show up with a pinkish belly after spilling some water on their newspaper substrate.
    bingo!!! That must be it...He's on newspaper as is the girl, and they had both spilled they water bowls...thanks a bunch.
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks

Keep an eye on them just in case it is something different. It should fade/ come off before too much longer, definitely by the next shed. Sounds like that might be the problem though!

Go NCSU Wolfpack!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonChick View Post
    Hi

Firstly sorry to intrude into someone elses thread. I was searching for some info on belly heat and this thread came up.

My boy, Tequila, must have spilled his water bowl sometime today and I was changing the paper towels when I´ve noticed his belly is all pinkish-red. He´s just finished a shed so I doubt it will be that and my thermometer is reading as always.
    Am guessing from this thread that the water on the paper towels could have caused the extra heat and caused his belly to get a bit sore. What worries me is he had 2 tiny red dots that look like blood. His scales do not look wrinkly, brown, nor flakey. (Sorry have been unable to take some pictures to show.)
    I have cleaned and dried his cage, removed the UTH and increased his heat lamp.
    Should I be worried about those red blood dots? Or shall I wait and see if it clears in the next few days?

Thanks!
    Annette