Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

1 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: where to buy

Thanks

where to buy

I was wondering where to get the best quality blackthroat monitors and where to get the best quality argus monitors? I see them on kingsnake all the time but I was wondering who has the best quality ones, and who is successfully producing them in captivity, if anyone?

Thanks

Re: where to buy

best quality blackthroat monitors
    There all WC, depends on the vendor. There may be some cbb but i doubt it. Unless you can provide a giant cage (12x4x6 min for adults), dont even bother with them, they can get anywhere from 5 to 7 feet and you dont want to get bit by one of them.

best quality argus monitors
    I would of been able to sell you a argus in 6 months but i f up and killed the eggs that my female laid yesterday.
    You have a couple choices here, but remember a male can get 4+ feet and need at least a 8x4x6 but bigger the better and the female the same. They are very active animals, eat alot and are fun to watch, mostly when they stand on their back legs. Heres the 2 best people to get them from, they both breed them and have a few really nice animals, if you can provide the space go for it.
    Justin aka (Krusty)
    go to http://repticzone.com/forums/Monitors/index.html and send him a pm

heres my female i got from him, she is the one who laid eggs

another person that has really nice argus is Shay, he puts so much effort in his animals. He got a 20x12 (think its that size) outdoor cage built for them, and he has some with killer colors. I may get one from Shay in the summer if i have room for 3 argus

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=661878

hope that helps
    Bryan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: where to buy

You can also talk to ProExotics. They do have CBB blackthroats on occasion, although I think they don't have any right now. Very knowledgable folks.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "