Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,328

2 members and 3,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Enclosure pics please!

I'd really like to find pics of different types of enclosures & set-ups. I looked everywhere but am not able to find a thread on this so I apologize if I have missed it. I have a 20L glass tank currently but will be upgrading to a wooden enclosure hopefully in a few months. I really want to see how your habitats are set up, I love some people's creativity & am looking for ideas. Thank you!

ps I dont even have any pics of my own enclosure lol sorry! oh, and if you have a wooden enclosure can you please explain what you use to heat it (UTH, RHP, etc)...I'm at a loss on how to heat my new enclosure when I finally get it. I'm leaning more towards an RHP but have no idea how/where to set it up...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Re: Enclosure pics please!

This is a 40g vivarium I am in So. Fl so I don't have the humidity issues like everyone in the north, any new additions will be in a rack system due to lack of space lol
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

kasmir (01-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kasmir View Post
    I'd really like to find pics of different types of enclosures & set-ups. I looked everywhere but am not able to find a thread on this so I apologize if I have missed it. I have a 20L glass tank currently but will be upgrading to a wooden enclosure hopefully in a few months. I really want to see how your habitats are set up, I love some people's creativity & am looking for ideas. Thank you!

ps I dont even have any pics of my own enclosure lol sorry! oh, and if you have a wooden enclosure can you please explain what you use to heat it (UTH, RHP, etc)...I'm at a loss on how to heat my new enclosure when I finally get it. I'm leaning more towards an RHP but have no idea how/where to set it up...
    These are threads with pictures of ball pythons in tubs if your interested in changing from a glass cage to a tub.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=Tub%2A+setup

http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....warticle&id=40

Thread: Enclosure pics please! Reply to Thread

Thanks

http://www.schoolofdan.com/images/snake/tankupdate/

There ya go! vincent's i've added more greenery to.

And the towels are gone too. Replaced with foil.
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega

Thanks

Ask and ye shall receive.

10g tanks for BPs:

20g long for BP:

20g long for corn:

New wooden cage system for corns:

I'm currently in the process of setting up a 36x18x18 tank for my biggest BP girl, since she's really cramped even in a 90qt tub.

Tanks are really not that hard to maintain with a bit of work. IMHO, they're better than tubs...at least, tanks work better than tubs for me. I've had nothing but trouble getting tubs to stabilize humidity and temps, and I still have a hard time with the rack I have, even though it's on a Herpstat. I would have all my snakes in tanks if only they were lighter and there were a rack out there for them!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefnshow66 View Post
    These are threads with pictures of ball pythons in tubs if your interested in changing from a glass cage to a tub.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....warticle&id=40

Thread: Enclosure pics please! Reply to Thread
    Thank you but I plan on keeping him in something nicer to look at since he will most likely be my only reptile so I kind of want to keep him 'on display' you could say

Thanks

Kasmir.
    Here are some pictures of my current set-up.
    It's a 20 gal glass tank with a screen top.
    You might be able to see in some of the pictures the heat and humidity issues I've been dealing with.
    I have been using aspen which does not hold humidity at all in my opinion.
    I bought some plexiglass to cover the top, cut out a hole, and switched back to Repti-bark so my humidity now runs around 50%.
    Although I live in San Diego, it does get cool at night and the air is dry during the winter.
    I bought cork board to try and insulate the back of the tank...but still having issues keeping ambient temps consistent.
    I have the UTH on a dimmer switch, but find that even on low, the belly temp runs a little too hot. I use an infra-red temp gun and to keep belly temps proper, I have to pile the substrate pretty deep where that hide is.
    I use a CHE now instead of the daylight and moonlight lamps.

I will post pictures of the new tank I've been working on over the last week that will hopefully correct all my issues.

Thanks

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=83160

Those are the new wood ones that I built and posted pics of last night. If you have construction questions feel free to ask
    Thanks!

Sam (and George)

1.0 super awesome 1 of a kind worlds most valuable BP

Thanks

Here are the pictures of the tank I've been building.

It's a 60 gal glass tank.
    I know people will say that's too big, but I figure this will be the tank that my snake is housed in for the next 20 years, so why not make it a good one. Besides, I'm pretty sure that when these snakes are in the wild, they live in an area larger than 4 x 1.5. It will have lots of clutter, and I may even add a 3rd hide, so I don't worry about the snake being stressed by the size.

I fully enclosed the tank in laminated pine. Again, not worried about the pine and the snake because it is on the outside of the glass. This to me not only looks aesthetically pleasing, but there is about 1/4 inch between the glass and the wood which I am hoping will create an insulating barrier.

I cut 2 holes in the top for the lights/CHE and situated the grates so that the vents are aimed toward the center of the tank.
    The vent for circulation is on the top and opens/closes to hopefully allow me to control the humidity.

I wired up a Ranco Tstat to control the UTH and when I wired it, I set it up to a power strip so I can run other things at the same temp...maybe the CHE.
    I also drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom board and will have the tank sit on 1/4 feet so hopefully a little heat can escape/circulate on the underside.

Well, I am excited to get this set up.

I am waiting a few more days for the stain to air out...then I'll start filling it with the clutter.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deltaneutral For This Useful Post:

Exotic Ectotherms (01-24-2009),zhang317 (02-01-2009)

Thanks

Here's my 20 gallon. It's not perfect - still using dial thermometers and a rheostat, only the back is insulated, but my ball python is happy as a clam. Never skipped meals, always shed in one piece, last visit to the vet showed no issues.

Here's a view from the top. I covered 3/4 of it with tinfoil topped with rubber vinyl (to line a truck bed with) to make it nice black color. This keeps humidity up. I have 2 ceramic lamps - one with SunGlo bulb the other with NightGlo. The snake outgrew the tiki hut, so I replaced it with a decor from my aquarium that looked perfect as a hide. Snake likes it. There's also a UTH underneath. And I swapped the Aspen with Desert Snow to keep humidity up as well. It's twiced-milled Cypress now though. I just didn't like the white - it didn't look natural. Cypress also keeps humidity up.

This one is for my hognose. It's only a 10 gallon. Same things as the ball python except only one ceramic lamp (Sunglo) - the tank cools down at night. And using walnut shell substrate that looks like sand but holds humidity good. Hognoses likes to burrow.

I'm going to stick with glass tanks. I think it would be much easier to keep clean than wood.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast