Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,344

2 members and 3,342 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Abraxas, the new addition

Quote Originally Posted by Little B-Py View Post
    he is in a 40 breeder as I have previously stated many times. We don't feed him rodents often and he has a bowl of superworms and crickets running around. I am going by the care sheets I have seen everywhere that suggests to use 45 watt bulbs in order to get the proper heat. I am using a screen top that is covered in aluminum foil, BTW.
    I don't know about superworms, but crickets are nasty.
    I would think those two sources are a bit small too. Superworms might be alright, but can you get your hands on any roaches?

Thanks

Re: Abraxas, the new addition

idk where to get roaches around here. I don't think any places carry them. I have noticed less crickets in the cage but it seems like he isn't eating the superworms anyways.
    Steffen, pronounced with f's, not v's
    1.0 Normal BP, Oakley; 0.1 Normal BP, Hissy Fit; 1.0 Savannah Monitor, Abraxas, RIP 2-1-09; 0.0.1 Pacman Frog, Twoey; 1.0 BCI/BCC Cross, Quetzalcoatl "Q"; 0.0.1 Crestie - Flametail; 0.0.1 Crestie - Nuala; 0.1 Emp Scorpion - Black Arachnia; 0.1 ATB - Cortana; 0.0.1 Savvy - Lohe; 0.1 Colombian RTB, Queen Zida; 1.0 Common Boa; 0.0.1 Beardie

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Abraxas, the new addition

It is a sad super bowl sunday...my fiancee and I just got back home from getting crickets for Abraxas (we spent the night at my parent's last night). I opened up the top of his cage and put the crickets in and noticed that he wasn't moving, he had half of his body in his hot hide and half out, so I touched him...he didn't move...I picked up his tail...he didn't budge or anything...he was/is dead. I'm assuming he was just too far gone and didn't have a chance.

And to top it off my mom-in-law was sincere for a good 5 minutes then blurted "he is to not be replaced" after she told us that we cannot have any more pets until one leaves. How much BS is that?! Little does she know our "feeder rat" is actually the starter of our "feeder rat" colony. lol. Chock one up for us on the score board.

So to all of you who gave us help, thanks very much, but it just wasn't enough.

RIP Abraxas, 2-1-09.
    Steffen, pronounced with f's, not v's
    1.0 Normal BP, Oakley; 0.1 Normal BP, Hissy Fit; 1.0 Savannah Monitor, Abraxas, RIP 2-1-09; 0.0.1 Pacman Frog, Twoey; 1.0 BCI/BCC Cross, Quetzalcoatl "Q"; 0.0.1 Crestie - Flametail; 0.0.1 Crestie - Nuala; 0.1 Emp Scorpion - Black Arachnia; 0.1 ATB - Cortana; 0.0.1 Savvy - Lohe; 0.1 Colombian RTB, Queen Zida; 1.0 Common Boa; 0.0.1 Beardie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345