Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,114

2 members and 3,112 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Buyers beware!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Buyers beware!

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    Nope..it's a matter of the people that seem to have no clue what Customer Service is.

You can have a different opinion if it's backed up by facts. I spoke to the person and saw the pics.
    Hmm he shared the pics with you but is unable to post them here .This thread is now nothing but wasted space on our site .

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    I could post them, but why?

He's already been told why the animal died and what he did wrong. So the subject is closed..he has a new snake and is very happy with it. Maybe later, he'll come back.
    So what did he do wrong? Or is this a secret also
    Joe Haggard

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (01-11-2009),grammie (01-12-2009),shadi11 (01-12-2009),ThyTempest (01-11-2009),twh (01-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Hmm he shared the pics with you but is unable to post them here .This thread is now nothing but wasted space on our site .

So what did he do wrong? Or is this a secret also
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

I agree with broadude from earlier though...I guess we know who not to trust, and it isnt the breeder in question. Funny, you should take your own advice.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Wait.. the subject is closed.. because he found out what HE did wrong.. and there is no apoligy for his insults to the breeder? It's his fault, but it's all okay becuase he has a new snake, and knows what he did wrong?
    That's not okay to me. He came here harping about the breeder selling him a bum snake, and how it was unfair to him, that the breeder offering a replacement wasn't enough..
    But now.. he found out what he did wrong to kill the snake, and he has a new snake.. so now all this is over, without any apoligy? Bogus buyer. Bogus.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (01-11-2009),joepythons (01-11-2009),Shadera (01-12-2009),ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Wait.. the subject is closed.. because he found out what HE did wrong.. and there is no apoligy for his insults to the breeder? It's his fault, but it's all okay becuase he has a new snake, and knows what he did wrong?
    That's not okay to me. He came here harping about the breeder selling him a bum snake, and how it was unfair to him, that the breeder offering a replacement wasn't enough..
    But now.. he found out what he did wrong to kill the snake, and he has a new snake.. so now all this is over, without any apoligy? Bogus buyer. Bogus.
    x2

He's responsible for the death of one snake, comes on here to bad-mouth a breeder and blame the death on him, shares detailed information about the snake with one person from the entire site, gets a new snake, so everything's okay now??

Well now that I know how you feel about the proper treatment of animals... *knows better than to type what she's thinking* for shame...

That is all

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pandora For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (01-11-2009),joepythons (01-11-2009),OhBalls (01-11-2009),ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I agree 100% !! I wonder if we will hear anymore from the OP?
    Joe Haggard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

Thanks

So no apology for creating a "beware" thread about this seller, when now we are told it was actually the OP's fault.

Okay so what did he do to the snake?

Oh, I'm asking far too much...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'd really like to hear what went wrong so I can avoid the same situation and we can clear this breeder's name

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smith285 View Post
    I'd really like to hear what went wrong so I can avoid the same situation and we can clear this breeder's name
    Well the OP is reading everything right now so we will await his/her reply
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Numba... a little humility goes ALONG way in this community.

You need to rectify this and provide details of what YOU did wrong.

Bad feedback is not glib. It threatens the hobby, and for anyone that may have read the first post, and not continued to follow the thread, may never buy from the breeder that you were so quick to trash-talk.

This is the person's BUSINESS and their REPUTATION that is at stake.

Take that VERY serious. Small community here.

Provide the details and let people make up their own minds, and be prepared to answer follow up questions as well.

That is one thing that has always sat ill with me. Negative feedback using a breeder's name and location, yet the person doing so has complete anonymity. All we have to go on your credibility is 2 posts (the first being negative feedback) and a screenname.

Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Whitehead For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (01-11-2009),Alice (03-20-2009),OhBalls (01-11-2009),ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

Thanks

Humm let’s see...where to start? Well let’s see, I am a little upset at all the assumptions and accusations going around, definitely did not expect that from this forum, but that’s beside the point. It’s also funny how if I happen to be away from my computer for any length of time, and don’t offer a reply within two seconds of someone’s post (Pandora, joepythons), all of a sudden I’m responsible for the death of the snake, I’m this horrible person, and you want to get angry. Sorry, I have a job and I have a life, just because I don’t reply to posts every 3 hours is irrelevant to me ( and the point remains that I did reply).

Next, as far as the quarantining process, why is that such a big deal? You all act like I put her in a small fish bowl with paper towels and no heat. And since apparently I need to reveal every minute detail about the quarantine, I will do that right now. I got the snake home, took her out of her tiny tube that she was sold to me in, you know the clear plastic tubs that you often see snakes being sold in at reptile expos? I put her into a separate, not the actual tank I had setup as her actual home, a separate 10 gallon tank that I prepared the night before, that day would be Friday, January 9th.

On Friday night, I cleaned the empty 10 gallon aquarium(remember she is about or less than a foot long) with a 5% bleach solution and let it sit for 5 minutes, then I came back rinsed the tank out with hot water (made sure the UTH did not get wet b/c I am sure someone is gonna jump to conclusions and say u messed up the UTH by getting it wet, the snake froze to death, its your fault, stop flaming the breeder) dried it and let it sit for 1 hour. After the tank sat for an hour I put about three layers of white paper towels down in the bottom of the tank, then I put in two identical hides which also were cleaned prior to being put in the aquarium, one on the cool side and one on the hot side. Then I put a medium sized water bowl in the middle of the tank between hides, and a piece of driftwood on the hot side. Finally, I put a screen top on the aquarium and put two heat lamps on top, one on the cool side, one on the hot side. I let the hot side lamp heat up and with two digital thermometers with probes, watched the temps, hot side was at a constant 90, cool side read 82, and digital hygrometer was at constant 52%. I also have fish tank thermometers stuck to the back of the aquarium about 2 inches above the ground on both sides which measured same temps as probed thermos.

Let me restate myself, the purpose of putting her in this separate tank was to make sure she did not have mites, yes I could have done that at the show, but you have to understand that the Havre de Grace show is in a tiny community center and is packed with people looking over your shoulders at other snakes, bumping you, noisy, and the lighting is not that good, so seeing tiny mites on your hand in this environment is not as easy as say….in a 10 gallon tank with white paper towels and proper lighting. I still did a good examination of the snake at the show which is why I said everything about her seemed to be healthy, unless I could have missed something which I never denied however it is still the breeders job to not sell unhealthy snakes, unless of course he didn’t realize that the snake was sick, then we are both just out of luck.

Anyway this is getting long so I’m wrapping it up, I get the snake home…btw in addition to me cupping the snake’s container in my hands for warmth on the ride home, I obviously had the heat on in the car, so whoever wrote that cupping my hands isn’t sufficient heating, umm I don’t know what to say to you, I figured that me having the heat on in the car was a given…but I guess not. Moving on, I get home put the snake in the 10 gallon tank, AGAIN I am checking for mites NOT treating for them, with that said there were no chemicals put in the cage, no chemicals used on the snake, no nothing!! So like I said I put her in the tank, watch her explore for a couple of minutes maybe 10, check temps and humidity, they are perfect, I walk away, grab some food and watch tv for 30 minutes, come back look under the warm side hide (which btw isn’t right above the UTH) and she is laying there on her side lifeless and limp.. I hope that explains everything and I am done with my trial. I came here looking for a since of community in trying to figure out what happened to my snake for it to go so suddenly and deduce some possible answers, not for ppl to take sides on this and that, point fingers, get angry, assume and jump to conclusions. I hope to God that the government doesn’t make it a Federal law not to own snakes because we wouldn’t be able to come together as a community to fight that law based off of what I’ve seen in the past few hours since I posted this. All that I care about and to me the most important thing is that there is a dead ball python and I want to figure out why this happened. As far as broadude, I reached out to her and she reached back and that is why she has pictures and knows the ins and outs of the whole ordeal…she also has pictures because I could send them to her email, and I don’t have photobucket so I cannot put them up here, yet. Also broadude, thank you so much for all your help and everything, I really appreciate it!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast