Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Buyers beware!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Buyers beware!

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    From the answers some have given,...a lot of us are learning who NOT to buy from.
    So you decided not to buy from some people that responded differantly from your opinion .Thats being silly i think
    Joe Haggard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

My my ohhhh my, what a LOT of ASSumptions there are in this thread.

Truly the Wild West has died.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

twh (01-13-2009)

Thanks

I say if anything ther amy be something in the room in whcih the snakes was place that possible toxic. I not claiming that the person living unhealthy but there is also another possible outside point to look at.

it also possible if in a complex (townhouses) that someone treated the building for something and the fumes were in the cage and settle to the bottom. I also suggest befoer using the cage I redo the entire cage ot be safe and to insure you don't have a repeat of this.
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Ok i guess after four pages i still have several questions. I know from personnal experience that you can transport snakes in a blizzard if you keep the vehicle heated properly this took my wife and I being very uncomfortable for a 20 hour ride home. Both the snakes are still alive and health. I just don'[t understand that if your inspection was so indepth what went wrong. I know that its not fair to accuse anyone of wrong doing until all the facts are out. Let me ask you this what are your temps at, what is your gradiant in the cage. What did you use to clean the cage prior to putting the snake in it. did you wipe it down with bleach etc. Was the tank cleaned with water after you cleaned it. I do feel the seller is beng fair. I don't know how much you paid for the snake and that is neither here nor there. But is it at all possible that you were overtaken buy the looks of this snake and didn't notice some underlying problem like it was skinny. I just don't know. I don't think this is fishy but i just don't think that all the facts are out yet. Sorry for your loss.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Alright, after reading every single post, I've got this to say:

For someone who came here with the intention of getting responses and discussing YOUR dilemma, you sure aren't answering a lot of our questions; we're trying to help you figure your stuff out.

We're all still waiting on these wonderful pictures of your set up and snake.

You say you know a lot about reptiles but have never owned one. No offense, but that doesn't mean very much until you have experience. I did MONTHS of research before I got my first BP and in comparison to the things I learned since I got her, I knew next to nothing; and I'm STILL learning.

The fact that you throw the word 'quarantine' around like a general term says a lot. You don't need to put a BP on paper towel to find out if it has mites. You could have done that at the show just by taking a good look at it, if you really knew what to look for. Additionally, we're also still waiting for you to answer our questions as to exactly what you did to "treat" it for mites. If you used the wrong chemical in the wrong way and are responsible for the death of this animal but are trying to blame it on the breeder, this is not the place to start bad mouthing a reputable breeder.

Putting your hands around the container you were transporting it in does NOT qualify as a heat source. It's winter; this is a cold blooded animal. For all you know, the 2 minute walk from the expo to your car could have made it sick.

If you're willing to pay $50 to get it shipped, you should be willing to pay to get an autopsy done to justify your slamming this breeder.

Now, I understand you're distraught, and clearly hurt by these unfortunate events; I don't blame you, I would be upset also. However, research is research and doesn't count as experience. Until you KNOW for a fact how the snake died, or what caused it to die, NOBODY here will take your anger seriously.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pandora For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (01-11-2009),AjBalls (01-12-2009),blackcrystal22 (01-11-2009),Bruce Whitehead (01-11-2009),joepythons (01-11-2009),Peter Williams (01-12-2009),Shadera (01-11-2009),twh (01-13-2009)

Thanks

(Couldnt get quote to work right, but well said Pandora)
    If you're willing to pay $50 to get it shipped, you should be willing to pay to get an autopsy done to justify your slamming this breeder.

Very good point, and I couldn't agree more.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    So you decided not to buy from some people that responded differantly from your opinion .Thats being silly i think
    Nope..it's a matter of the people that seem to have no clue what Customer Service is.

You can have a different opinion if it's backed up by facts. I spoke to the person and saw the pics.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

And yet, there are no pics up for the rest of the community to see and decide for themselves.

(Edited: Decided if I cant say something nice I just wont say it.)
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks

I could post them, but why?

He's already been told why the animal died and what he did wrong. So the subject is closed..he has a new snake and is very happy with it. Maybe later, he'll come back.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    I could post them, but why?

He's already been told why the animal died and what he did wrong. So the subject is closed..he has a new snake and is very happy with it. Maybe later, he'll come back.
    So, in the end, he has a new snake from this breeder?

Can we at least justify the question of this breeder being safe please? I'm not asking for an explanation of what he did wrong, that's his business to tell if he wants to, which I think would be a good idea because people learn from others mistakes. Just my opinion though.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast