Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,255

2 members and 3,253 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyers beware!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Buyers beware!

This whole post smells like something else happened to the snake and you are upset and trying to blame the seller.In my reading your post i take you are VERY new to reptiles correct? If the guy is willing to work with you then i see no reasons for you flaming him .My advice to you is learn the proper procedures to housing a new snake BEFORE you get the other one ok
    Last edited by joepythons; 01-11-2009 at 01:47 AM.
    Joe Haggard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

greghall (01-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Joe Haggard

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joepythons For This Useful Post:

anendeloflorien (01-12-2009),broadude (01-11-2009),Bruce Whitehead (01-11-2009),ThyTempest (01-11-2009)

Thanks

I don't see what the problem is... I don't blame him for not wanting to ship a snake out in this frigid weather. Something sounds fishy about this, and I'm not pointing out the seller. :/

Thanks

Okay, let me clear this up....first of all I am somewhat new to reptiles, I am not claiming to be an expert, but I am deff not new, I have been around reptiles and people who own reptiles all of my life. The word "quarantine" means a strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease. Although I do not own any other sankes or reptiles for that matter, I was not worried about spreading anything to any other snakes obviously, however I am not going to put a brand new snake into my already preped tank with forest floor cypress mulch beeding, hides, water bowl, and all kinds of artificial plants, with mites only for me to a few days later have to throw out all the bedding and go through the whole hassle of treating mites to a brand new enclousure...its better to be safe than sorry, so you put the snake in another enclosure with white paper towels to see the mites if any, two old hides, a waterbowl, and proper heat just to make sure. Believe me my husbandry is great and if you saw pictures of my enclosure you would agree, I did my research, trust that!! As for the breeder that fix to the problem is bs! And I actually cannot believe that some of you on here agree with him. You are telling me that if I buy a snake from a breeder, not your local petsmart or petco, a breeder, and it dies a little over an hour later that I should have to wait a month, make another hour drive, look through the snakes again, and consider taking ANOTHER snake from him, not to mention take another hour drive back home?? Well at least I got the $7.00 admission fee paid for, right?? NO...whoever agrees with that is crazy, I'm sorry!! If I was a breeder, I would never do that to my client, you better believe that I am sending you another snake next day, free of charge, and free of shipping, garunteed to be alive, and free of mites and ticks. Like I said, I will post pictures of my tank setup, and the snake, and you all can judge for yourself.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

how hot was your car on the drive home? I went ahead and brought a thermometer with me inside the car when I had to transport my snakes and it really surprised me how quickly it got up to close to 100 degrees and I had to turn the heat way down lower than I thought I would. You could have had the car in the 100's without knowing and it got too hot. Or it could have been too cold, who knows. Still seems like too short of a drive to harm the snake though really.... But if he's going to replace it, I don't get the problem here, besides the fact that I'm sorry for your loss

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Smith285 For This Useful Post:

monk90222 (01-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

I don't question your husbandry, how old was the snake? a hatchling? How many sheds had she gone through? How many feedings? I would have gotten a more established one.......Just my

I am sorry for your loss , I know how excited you must have been
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

Fact is, this breeder is doing a very good job with post-purchase customer service. It is winter, and if you did as much research as you said you did, you would know that winter almost always means no shipping. It is just too cold for ectotherms.

Have you provided proof to the breeder that the snake is indeed dead?

We all feel for you and know this isnt an ideal situation, but the fact that several people, myself included have asked what "Quarantine" means to you...and you give us the run of the mill correct definition, and not whatever you did for "quarantine" when you brought your snake home. What exactly did you do to/around your snake in what you called your "quarantine"?

It does sound like you know what you are doing with husbandry, I am just not convinced that the breeder is at fault here.

I still smell fish.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThyTempest For This Useful Post:

Samuel (01-12-2009)

Thanks

So you did not treat the snake with anything in your "QT" procedure?

I think in this situation, if you did not want another snake from this breeder, he should refund your money, and you return to him his dead snake if he requires it. :/

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (01-11-2009),Bruce Whitehead (01-11-2009),grammie (01-11-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    So you did not treat the snake with anything in your "QT" procedure?

I think in this situation, if you did not want another snake from this breeder, he should refund your money, and you return to him his dead snake if he requires it. :/
    That is another option I didnt think about.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Thanks

I think for only having the one snake (the one she just purchased) that she did fine with quarantine. What other snakes was she suppose to be quarantine from? Attacking her for this is ridiculous! Even if she has her new snake in a “decked out” enclosure doesn’t mean she isn’t quarantine it. And, she still doesn’t have any snakes to quarantine it from. Who cares what cage she keeps it in?

As for the seller. I’d have to agree with the majority of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1stuna8162 View Post
    If I was a breeder, I would never do that to my client, you better believe that I am sending you another snake next day, free of charge, and free of shipping, guaranteed to be alive, and free of mites and ticks.
    Read below for my response.

Quote Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    It is winter, and if you did as much research as you said you did, you would know that winter almost always means no shipping.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast