Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,302

1 members and 2,301 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Buyers beware!

Thanks

Re: Buyers beware!

Thanks for posting your side of the story Adam.

If I was in your situation, I probably would have reacted the same way and made the same offer of replacement.

Thanks

Sounds to me like Adam's a good guy. Thanks for finally giving us your side of it.
    `*`

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Adam, don't worry about what debbie has said. It is well known, especially now, that she has some serious problems not only with her own self image, but her customer service. Of course, if she could tell which people were her customers and which weren't it wouldn't be such a problem. Alas, she cannot make this distinction. If she ever realizes that her way is not the only way, the only correct way, well, I suppose we'll all see pigs flying on that day.

Replace the snake. I don't know anyone who thinks you sold a bad snake but all of us who have been in this business more than a year or two have been in your shoes. It sucks but that's life. Doing the right thing isn't always easy. It is always the right thing though.

In my opinion you have not suffered nor has your reputation. I suspect others here and on fauna agree.

Keep up the good work.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

broadude (01-18-2009),joepythons (01-18-2009)

Thanks

i'll be damned,there is two sides to every coin !
    TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

" Do you really believe that what you believe is really real ? "

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Well, now there's a lie of "It died in the car" to "It died after I set it up in 30 minutes".
    That can go with the "He knows what he did wrong" and the "I don't know why the snake died."
    And the "I did nothing wrong" instead of "I bashed the seller even though the buyer might have caused the death".
    Sorry you had to go through this Adam, sounds like you're a good seller. I think the OP is also not a bad guy, I just hope he grows up and has a proper set up for any additional snakes, and doesn't listen to holier-than-thou folks trying to cause trouble for others.
    Welcome to the Melodramatic World of Herps.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

broadude (01-18-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Thank you for posting, In my opinion I don't think Deb was trying to bash you, and keep in mind she only spoke with the other person. She was writing from a sellers stand point.
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    I can forgive the OP for the false accusations, what really pisses me off is this lady Deb, and what seems to be some personal vendetta against me. What's your deal? Get my phone # from the OP and we can have a real conversation. I have never scammed anyone. I am a small time breeder in PA. I do area shows. I rarely spend time online. I chose to do shows to meet other hobbyists in person. Obviously I buy a table at a show to sell my animals and make some money. The few dollars I made off the OP does not compare to the damage that he and Deb are doing to me online. I sold a female normal ball python to the OP. I bred the snake, I fed the snake, it was to my knowledge in perfect health at the time of the show. I care very much about the health and quality of my snakes. I answered numerous questions at the show for the OP. I don't recall him telling me he had 2 lights and an UTH setup on a 10 gallon tank. I would not have recommended that. This show was not well attended. Most of the day there were more vendors than customers there. So his comment about having lots of people looking over his shoulder and the lights - Whatever. He had my full attention. I have lights setup around my table so people can take as close of a look at a snake as they please. When the OP bought the snake, I handed him a business card. Does that sound like I'm trying to scam him? I gave him my cell phone # and email address. Not long after the show, I received a call from the OP. He told me the snake died on the car ride home. This definately surprised me. But without hesitation, I offer to replace it. I asked him to come to the next show and I would even pay admission. I honestly felt bad that this snake died. this is not a normal situation for me. He made no objection to coming to the next show. Never let on that it would be a big inconvenience. He did ask if I could ship a snake. I said it would cost at least $50. that was the only talk of shipping. He did not continue asking any questions about shipping. I don't possess the power to read the OP's mind. After ending the phone call, I thought there was no conflict to resolve and I would see the OP at the next show. At this point I did not assess any blame in my head as to who killed the snake. The snake died, that sucks. at this point I felt I was doing the right thing. I think I do alright with customer service. If you were to ask the hundreds of people I have dealt with at shows, I think the majority would have favorable responses. I also understand that you can't please everyone. So the OP didn't object to what we agreed on, but chose to come onto this forum with the help of Deb and slam me. thanks guys. Do you believe in carma? Do you understand defamation of character? After reading what the OP did to the snake, I don't believe I had anything to do with its death. But even knowing this, I would still replace it.
    Adam thank you for replying .I am glad i went by my gut feelings and contacted you about this crap.I still stand by EVERY word i said in my posts here and on fauna also.I know a few people got thier panties in a bind because Deb was shown to be in the wrong numerous times on both sites.Now just maybe someday they will realize it for themselves she is not the person she plays to be.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

This is singlehandedly the most ridiculous thread I have ever read.

Thanks

There reallly is nothing more that can be added to the thread. Adam spoke his peace. I think this thread has run its course.

the additional "opinions" and such of each other have been moved to Quarantine
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82625

If you so desire to read, PM an Admin (names in red) and ye shall be granted access.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112