Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,318

0 members and 1,318 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Rabbit chewing on cage

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    He might need a rabbit friend. Rabbits need the companionship of another rabbit, and no amount of human interaction can replace this. I only had my bunny for about 2 weeks or so before I brought home her companion (I was waiting for him to be weaned) and it made a huge difference in the behavior of the first bunny. I would also recommend fixing both rabbits regardless of sex--this greatly lessens the chances of reproductive cancers, allows for most males to get along and stops them from spraying and also, obviously keeps you from getting lots and lots if babies if you get a female to go with your boy.

I would also recommend a simple cardboard box as a toy and hiding place. Mine love their box more than any other toy they have. They hide in it and chew it and then I just replace it as necessary. They don't use their chew toys near as much as they used to, because most of their chewing desire is focused on the box.

He is going to eventually have a bunny buddy (he is already fixed and the shelter I will get a female from fixes em before they give em to you) but right now the cage isn't big enough for two bunnies (he has a large cage and a 4 foot by 3 foot run attached to it that he always has access to) but I'm hoping to get a nother couple levels in his cage before I bring another bun in.

And he has cardboard boxes... he has some with hay in them, some tunnels, some homemade "bunny cottage" with two levels, a little maze and one box that he seems to like flattened.
    -Stacey

1.0 Ball Python... Stanley (gotta start somewhere..)
    0.3 Mice .... Maui, Mango and Mai Tai, aka Satan's spawn
    1.0 Bunny Rabbit... William, aka Bill the Bunny, aka Bill-Bo

"Honos Habet Onus"

Thanks

Re: Rabbit chewing on cage

And woooah boy, just to add.

It occured to me to use the wood beams (untreated and bunny approved!) I had got to make a second level of his cage (I had them cut too short so they didn't work) to slide down through the slats and block him from chewing on the part of the cage that he liked... he thew quite the hissy fit! It really leads me to believe he just liked chewing on the cage because he was so angry when I stopped him!
    -Stacey

1.0 Ball Python... Stanley (gotta start somewhere..)
    0.3 Mice .... Maui, Mango and Mai Tai, aka Satan's spawn
    1.0 Bunny Rabbit... William, aka Bill the Bunny, aka Bill-Bo

"Honos Habet Onus"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12