Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,150

1 members and 3,149 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Regurge Questiones

Quote Originally Posted by muddoc View Post
    I don't want to scare anyone, as this is NOT COMMON. I kept Ball Pythons for 4 years before it ever happened to me. It seems to happen a bit more often now, but I attribute that to having more individual feedings in a month. I have in the neighborhood of 350 ball pythons right now, so that is about 1500 feedings a month. That means that more opportunities are available to see this type of thing. I think to the average person that has between 1 and 30 Ball Pythons, it is still probably a pretty rare occurance.
    yeah, this type of thing is pretty serious. i would suggest quarentining the two animals untill they are better, if there is a parasite you don't want it to ruin your entire collection. TWO in the same day. i wouldn't chance it.
    1.0 box turtle

http://www.myspace.com/fishlips88

Thanks

I was wondering if a breeding male might regurge a meal??? A regurge like Tim was talking about.. Takes the rat and then an hour later has regurged..??

Alan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt_11b View Post
    I was wondering if a breeding male might regurge a meal??? A regurge like Tim was talking about.. Takes the rat and then an hour later has regurged..??

Alan
    I don't know about that, but I can tell you that last year, I put a very aggressive male in with a female that ate the day before, and after he threw her around the tub a couple times, she regurged. Needless to say, I give them at least 24 hours after eating before introducing a male now.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

4. The Following User Says Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

grunt_11b (01-06-2009)

Thanks

Question here. I have never had a regurge with my Ball and have a question.
    Here is the rundown. Fed on Sat evening. as always she ate with no problem. Last night she was out and about in the viv and notived as I walked by that there was something in her water dish. It looked like a nasty jumble of fur. There was no odor per-se to it - definately not the described smell of decay that everyone states. Was this just the by products that she pooped out? Generally she defacates and it looks like a dog/cat/etc turd?
    Would that have been a regurge 3 day after the fact and with no smell??

Thanks

Thanks for that it makes sdense I am a new snake owner and I was looking for an answere to my snale regurge This website is great and so helpful!!!!!!

Thanks

If anything , anything at all, other than the regurge seems out of place...VET. I lost a corn once. First sign was a regurge. If I had gotten her to a vet sooner, she may still be alive. Her temps, humidity, and all other care was perfect. Her only other sign- lethargy.

Not trying to panic you, but it can be a sign of a much more serious problem.

Thanks

To address how uncommon regurges are (and also not to scare you) but I've kept snakes for almost 5 years now. We have at present just under 50 snakes from three different species. I've seen a total of 2 regurges in all that time and with all those feedings. One I suspect was due to feeding too soon after a tub change and with a snake I knew tended to be antsy and stressed easily to begin with. Big mistake on my part and it was months until I got her properly settled back in. The other I'm not sure why the regurge happened and it never did again.

I have a few that if bothered at all during the swallowing process will back the prey out of their throat fast and then ignore it completely. You learn to feed those ones last and tiptoe around a LOT in the snake room.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

As everyone else stated, I don't want to alarm you... We just want you to have as much info as possibe

But my boy Rogue regurgitated twice so I brought him to the vet.. I thought he had an RI but he had a gastro intestinal infection which is what caused him to regurge.

Not a huge deal really. The vet cost me $45 the antibiotics cost $10 and he has kept one down since then and doing pretty well on the antibiotic. No reason at all to think he won't be back to %100 in a few weeks.

Good luck. I hope it's nothing.

Dizzy (Is never online anymore )

BPs:
    0.1 pinstripe (Brody)
    1.0 normal (Rogue)
    1.0 pastel (Valo)
    0.2 het albino (Dali & Vee Vee)
    1.1 het orange ghost (Max & Brook)
    0.4 poss. het pied (Polly, Nic, Marla & Fertility)

0.0.1 albino pacman frog
    0.0.4 fire bellied toads

1.0 bearded dragon (Bart)

0.1 the best cat in the world (Salem)
    2.0 kittens (Donny & Walter)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12