Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,395

2 members and 3,393 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Need some Chameleon cage/setup advice!

If the boy you are considering from Chad is 6 months there is a great possibility he is the brother of the Veiled I post pics of Lombardi...They would be clutch mates!

Thanks

Ooo, that would be cool. I expect I'll hear from him sometime tomorrow, since today was Sunday. Can't wait!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

PVC Coated Wire Mesh

This is from the McNichols Site, just for reference. I know you can get a roll that would work for fairly inexpensive at Lowes or home depot.

I also wanted to link you to this site...http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/ Created by Brad Ramsey, this is has proven to be a great source of all the info you would need to successfully raise a Veiled. He created this as a blog on Raising his Male Veiled Kitty, and has turned into a great refernce for up to date husbandry practices that are great to follow.

Thanks

I've already got Brad's site bookmarked. I saw it when I joined over there and it's great. He's really nice too, and lives right here in Denver.

Thanks for the reference to the PVC mesh. I looked all over Lowes and even asked three people...they don't carry it. They only have the non-coated stuff. I'll keep my eyes open for it elsewhere, but in the meantime I'll just use the aluminum screen I got.

And, that 6 month old is indeed clutch mate to Lombardi and is being held for me until I can get the cage and stuff set up. He's a bit pricey, but acceptable considering his age, and with the money I've saved in building the cage myself and getting that mister from you, SoCaliSon () I can afford to get him.

So now, I just have to get that cage made, get a nice Pothos and Umbrella plant, and wait for the darn weather here to warm up.

Thanks

How is it going with your Cage? Your mister is in the mail today, you should have it early next week! I know in my lowes the PVC Mesh you would be looking for is found out in the garden area. Try refering to it as poultry fencing, and they typically have a nice variety of some with holes small enough to be safe. The stuff I saw for sale at my lowes I believe had 1/4" square openings and was covered in black PVC.

Thanks

Thank you SOO much for sending that. I'll be in touch once it arrives.

As for the cage, I've started putting the panels together and ended up getting aluminum screen to cover the frame. I looked at Lowes and asked around, but the only coated wire they had was poultry wire with 1x2" openings. I'm ok using the screen, though, but thanks for the site and description.

Once the frame is built, I'll take a few pictures to post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234