Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

3 members and 3,337 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Unboxing My NEW ALBINO BALL PYTHON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    Not to be a busy body but he didn't have to say he didn't QT , it's obvious from the second video he DOES NOT, but it's a MUST DO or he will, take the risk of maybe loosing those beautiful creatures.
    I meant Rocko
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    nevermind i saw the video no QT practice period!
    Geez, I really have to make a quick update vid.. I had just put the 2 new snakes into the rack when I realized I needed to quarintine from now on, I had the memory of it in the back of my head, so I quickly took them out of the rack with their containers and put the lids on them.. Then I got 2 small heat pad to put under the containers and moved them into another room downstairs... That is quarintining, Correct?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SGExotics For This Useful Post:

llovelace (01-02-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.C View Post
    If he doesn't practice proper quarantine procedures, he should. Seeing as it appears he is trying to make a business name for himself, that would shine rather poorly in his favor. It is a breeders responsibility to make sure the animals they sell are healthy and disease free. If you want to make it more basic than that; it is a keepers responsibility also.

Some people simply don't know about why they should quarantine and need to be educated. Whenever I add a new addition to my collection; the animals get a veterinarian visit with a full checkup and a fecal. They also get six months in quarantine at the other end of my house. You can never be too cautious with boids.

That being said, they are very attractive animals. I hope for their sake, you do quarantine them for a minimum of three months.

Good luck!
    read my reply to nixer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    lol i think you need to learn something also.
    if thats what you wanna call it.
    i see many lost animals in both of your collections
    Excuse Me? By BOTH of your collections, you don't mean mine right? B/c if you do then you are BADLY MISTAKEN! I have NEVER & repeat NEVER lost an animal in my collection. So I have no clue what you are talking about, that is, if BOTH includes ME. Btw, by the caps, im not trying to make those words seem aggressive, im just trying to highlight them...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    I have NEVER & repeat NEVER lost an animal in my collection.
    if you do not qt you take the risk of loosing your whole collection!i know you said you are going to from here out and i hope your being honest about that for you own sake.good luck!

ps. saying jesus christ in your vids can offend some people very much.it didnt bother me but there are people on here that would definately let you hear about it.

Thanks

Excuse Me? By BOTH of your collections, you don't mean mine right? B/c if you do then you are BADLY MISTAKEN! I have NEVER & repeat NEVER lost an animal in my collection. So I have no clue what you are talking about, that is, if BOTH includes ME. Btw, by the caps, im not trying to make those words seem aggressive, im just trying to highlight them...
    By both he means you and Rocko. He is assuming that Rocko does not QT because of his comment on the first page of the thread.

Thanks

I believe QTing animals is a very smart thing to do for several reasons and something I practice as an individual....but like many things in life it's a choice. Not to defend not doing it but there are several ways to lose an entire collection besides QT that I don't think everyone does:

Redundant thermostats (in case one fails and frys your animals)
    Backup generator (for power failures in extreme temperatures)
    Tabs or conduit on cages to keep cages closed if one should escape and open other cages.
    An escape plan including snake bags and boxes for every animal in your collection should a fire/disaster happen.
    Escapeproofing the 'herp" room

I'm sure there are also more I'm forgetting.

All of these things to me carry potential to lose a portion or all of one's collection but as an individual we have the right to choose which, if any, we want to practice.

As keepers I think it is great that we can pass our experiences and information onto others to help them and educate them about the risks that they could be taking by not practicing certain husbandry techniques. BUT it is their choice to practice those techniques or not. Some people are riskier individuals than others and that is their choice.

We as buyers can ask about these practices and weigh our decision to purchase based on these techniques just as we can choose what to do after we receive an animal.

I'm not trying to be preachy but the best method IMO is to educate the community and politely inform them of the potential risks that they run from certain practices (or the lack thereof). If they choose to heed that advice or not is completely up to them.

Hope that helps
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstriction
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/jdconstriction
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jdconstriction

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD Constriction For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

dr del (01-02-2009),JLC (01-30-2009),littleindiangirl (01-02-2009),MarkS (01-04-2009),muddoc (01-03-2009),Muze (01-03-2009),rabernet (01-02-2009),Ranegyr (01-08-2009),RhacHead (01-03-2009),Spaniard (01-02-2009),tweets_4611 (02-02-2009)

Thanks

Also in Nixer's defense You can lose an entire collection very quickly if you take in one animal with some unforeseen disease or parasite or what have you. There was someone on here a few months back (could have been another forum also can't remember) who lost the better part of a collection within a week or so if i remember correctly. (If anyone knows what im talking about could you please post link to thread. THanks. ).

Thanks

I only buy from a few people that I trust don't just go & take in rescues full of mites & stuff that people do all the time.My collection is worth to much money to bring in a unknown snake,the last snakes I bought where QTed for about 6 weeks(a little short by some standards),& where from well known breeders(only 3 I deal with).Also watch where your feeders come from they can bring in desease to.
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

Thanks

I feel bad that the OPs thread got so seriously hijacked -

That albino is sweet dude. Hope the female proves out for you!
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Morphie For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (01-03-2009)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast