Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

2 members and 3,297 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

I'm interested in a Borneo Python... I have a few questions.

I really want to get a Blood, but I am limited for space in my room (what with a 120 beardie viv and Cu in a very small bedroom, I'm tight already), and I was reading something about Borneo Pythons. Has anybody here had a Borneo? I have a few questions.

1. Will most Borneos readily accept f/t rats? (Cu will only eat live; I love the rats, but they are such a hassle. I would be ecstatic if I got a f/t eater. I hear Bloods usually eat f/t...)

2. I know they can be nippy, and I'm a-ok with a nip or two, but how nippy? I would get a hatchling or juvie.

3. Where could I get a CB one? I don't want a wild caught or even a captive hatched. There are *never* any expos in my area, much to my dismay, so that is not an option. Anyone know of any reputable online breeders that will ship?

4. How much should I expect to pay for a healthy CB hatchling or juvie?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I'm interested in a Borneo Python... I have a few questions.

Borneos can still get big. I've seen a few that were bigger than some adult red bloods, so space will still be an issue. I personally don't have borneos, but I have bloods and sumatran short tails (black bloods) and one baby that is probably a borneo x black. The reds were nippy as hatchlings but grew out of it, the others were fine. They love to eat, and should readily eat f/t.

There are a few breeders online who may have some available. Kara from NERD has blacks and reds, but I'm not sure if she has borneos. There are a number of smaller breeders who do, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head. Price can vary quite a bit depending on color and who you're buying from. A normal CBB baby would maybe be 100-200.

Thanks

Re: I'm interested in a Borneo Python... I have a few questions.

Sumatran Short tails dont get quite as big as the rest of the Blood species. They are also known sometimes as Black Bloods, but dont come in just the black variation. Something to look into if size is of a concern.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.