Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,391

1 members and 3,390 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: My new Cane Corso's

Wow very nice dogs to say the least. I have two of them and they are great. One has cropped ears and a tail, and the other has ears and no tail. Both rescues. Enjoy your new friends.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaneCorso For This Useful Post:

spk329 (01-18-2009)

Thanks

Nice dogs guys!

I just came back from the vet and Scarfo at 5 months weights...

65.4 pounds!!!

Pretty happy about it!

Cheers!

Gab

Thanks

Wow, What good timing. I owned/own two corsos with my girl being almost 8 years old. She is the poster girl for sweetness in the breed. Never met a stranger. We aquired a male roughly 4 years ago at 10 weeks old and he was the sweetest thing ever, for a while. He was socialized well until he wanted to start showing a lil aggression. Long story short, we along with a few other trainers, helpers, and friends could not curb this aggression. This dog would lie on my floor in the house and would lick my feet, legs, arms face whatever like a perfect lapdog. I would supervise him with my 12 year old in my living room and he would never even attempt to show any agression. This dog was crate trained, sterilized, knew 15-20 commands and was submissive while in the house. Remove him from the house and i couldnt get him to calm down. It got to the point where i couldnt even enter the fence, this man was so territorial and agressive it was unbeleiveable. I made a TON of phone calls to quite a few breeders and a few said that this temperant is getting more and more common due to some poor breedings and the popularity of the breed. Im not a quitter and refused to give up on him but i have 3 children and own a business where its not rare for customers to come to the house to make payment or drop off stuff. The vet local to my area just so happen to have had this dogs father after the original owners gave him up due to, uncontrolable aggression. We had planned on running extensive tests to see if ANYTHING medically could of been wrong with him. In the meantime, i was basically the only person allowed to handle this dog and walk him late at night( i live on 5 acres) to avoid distractions. He was a true angel on the leash and in the house. In the fence or around ANYONE he was agressive to the point i was scared he would injure himself. blood tests revealed nothing as i figured and we scheduled a head scan. At this point he confined to a crate in my bedroom all day until his walks and feed time then back in the crate. Such a liability i couldnt chance it. Well 3 days before his scan he died some time during the night in his crate. This KILLED me. Im upset as hell typing this. How could a dog so loving and affectionate be so agressive within a few more feet of the house. We continued with the scan and found he had multiple lumps in the brain and the vet beleives a part of the brain still undeveloped. We pretty much came to the conclusion that genetics was the only culprit. So to the ones who currently own and to the ones who are thinking of owning KNOW YOUR BREEDER. These dogs are very very powerful and as i seen first hand can be very very aggressive. These traits didnt start to show till about 2.5 years when the dog should of matured fully. i recommend ONE breeder and anyone wanting to know that breeder can PM me. My girl is stable as concrete and i trust her 100% in any situation. The Cane Corso is an awsome breed when things go right but be prepared for the worst. Personally, my girl will live out her life with us and continue to be spoiled till its her time. I will never own Corsi again. If anyone would like to PM me about anything concerning these dogs i have down a TONNNN of researching and talking to the pros about these animals. Ok im broken hearted now.

Ray

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123