Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

1 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Personal Introduction from Chris at Rare Pythons

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    If I was you, I would get rid of all my crappy wild caught animals. If you like being in ball pythons keep the morphs you bought and just be a hobbyist for a couple years and take the time to learn more about them and actually breed some first. If you are just in it for the "fast buck", sell the morphs and go back to selling your "secret pot growing closets" that look like speakers etc.
    They are not crappy and for someone knocking my 'love' for the animals that's quite a statement. Where do you think ball pythons originally came from? Where do you think new bloodlines originate from? And the last knock is unrelated and totally out of line. Just personal bashing...which is why it is tough to have a civil question/answer conversation with such commentary.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RarePythons View Post
    They are not crappy and for someone knocking my 'love' for the animals that's quite a statement. Where do you think ball pythons originally came from? Where do you think new bloodlines originate from? And the last knock is unrelated and totally out of line. Just personal bashing...which is why it is tough to have a civil question/answer conversation with such commentary.
    Tell me then, what are grow cabinets made to look like speakers and not give off any heat signature made for? Growing tomatoes? Get real.
    "Wild" Bill Hicok

Wild Bill's Ball Pythons

Thanks

i do believe i asked you if you were a member here before!

Thanks

With all the scummy moves and admissions dealing with ball pythons, there's no reason to rip the guy for a legitimate business, no matter what people think about it morally. There are plenty of things to rip on that are on topic.

Chris, I think we get it. It's that time of year and you have a bunch of wc gravid femailes, wih no place to advertise them without getting exposed so you thought you'd give this site a try. I don't think you will fool anyonw here either, so maybe stick to myspace advertisements. Or better yet, stick to your grow boxes. Those might make you more money that what you are doing with reptiles. Best of luck.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

If you don't see any problems with wild-caught snakes, just ask any member of bp.net who is in the business. The treatment, the diseases etc. that they have before they come in the country threaten the snake population where they are transported. Just ask and your sure to hear some horror stories. Even if you label them as WC, most of the people who buy WC are first time snake owners- when they re-sell them (and they will, because they didn't do enough research to understand risks of WC, hence they probably didn't do enough research to understand what they are getting into, and will bugger off and surrender their snake) they will not list them as "WC"- they won't care. If your not taking the time to care for the imported snakes, breed them, and make sure they are clean- and selling their first generation hatchlings, then all you are is a middle-man, not a breeder- and surely not an expert.
    I suggest not selling WC, as will many on this forum- even many breeders who do this for a living.
    But dont give up on this forum- if you're genuine in your pursuits, you may not sell many snakes here, but you will gain a lot of advice and contacts.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Personally, I will not buy from anyone that deals with wild caught or even captive hatched. I also detest when people try to sell a $20 captive hatched normal for $400 or whatever outrageous price. Sorry Rare Pythons, but you will never get my business!
    Most of my founding females are CH females, represented as such when I purchased them, and not "specials" other than being reduced patterns, which I love. I'd say that most of the "big guys" all have CH animals in their collections, and I know several others who do add unique females from the yearly CH's.

My personal line is not to deal with anyone who deals in WC's. However, if Neil Golli, for example, had a nice CH import that would fit into my collection, I wouldn't hesitate to add them to my collection. I even got a nice CH from EbN two years ago. She's now in Frankykeno's collection, as I gifted her to her after she lost an animal that died in her hands.

If a CH is acurately represented, fairly priced, well started and the seller is in good standing, I have no problem with CH babies.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-26-2008),catawhat75 (12-26-2008),neilgolli (12-31-2008)

Thanks

Ok, well what would you do then? I have hets I bought last year I cannot resell b/c people complained I was going to sell CH babies as hets. So I said OK in the in future I will not sell true hets only possibles. People said, ok that's fine. I have morphs like pieds and other co-doms like bumblebees. The bumbles are clear cut with offspring, but I can't sell normal pied babies as hets or people will complain I'm a fraud.

I imported WC gravids, which several BP people do every year. I am selling them all as normals except for a few that I paid extra for as YB's and an oddball male morph. I want to sell them, which once again several importers do and sell as YB's for around $900-$1200 every year. I know people are going to give me a hard time if I sell them as YB's and since they are WC some are saying...well the genetics are unknown. OK FINE ,then I list them as possible YB's or as Odd Ball Male Morph Import. I clearly state they are WC imports and that the genetics are unknown. How am I scamming anyone? What would you list them as?

I feel like no matter how I list the animals I'm getting heat. If I list them as YB's people will complain, if I list as possible YB's, when it's clear that they are I get some people complaining.

The animals are what they are...and that's how I listed them, while still trying to be as clear about them being imports as possible. How is my description of them scamming? How would YOU list them?

I'm all ears
    If you made a purchase of several snakes with the intent to resell them for a profit and discovered that you invested your money unwisely because you failed to research what you were getting into, the honorable thing would be to eat your loss and sell them as wild caught normals or whatever they really are, not to use different advertising descriptions to avoid getting into legal trouble. If you bought unproven hets or morphs, there is no requirement for you to flip them right away. If you have developed a love for the hobby, just keep the hets (or imported morphs) long enough to prove them out by breeding. Rather than thinking of your self as just a middle man, in order to be successful you will need to educate yourself about this hobby and invest a few years of time. You have not only attracted political troubles from breeders that are in financial competition with you, which is a situation that can be overcome, but you have demonstrated to the hobbyists (potential customers) that you are not even interested enough in Ball Pythons to even have a rudimentary knowledge of them, a situation which will be much harder for you to turn around.
    Do not resuscitate

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dsirkle For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-26-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

edited
    Last edited by mainbutter; 12-26-2008 at 05:32 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

nixer (12-26-2008)

Thanks

You can't just go on a different site and expect it to be all better Chris. Reputable breeders and hobbyists do not appreciate misrepresentation. Having a table at a show selling normals as "Fires" or "Sables" or "Desert Ghosts" for THOUSANDS of dollars is wrong no matter how you look at it, or what excuses you make for yourself.

Your ignorance is NOT an excuse for misrepresentation of animals. The best thing you could do for your reputation is to learn about the snakes, buy a book and read it, or do some research online. Instead of Importing hundreds of gravid females to resell for profit, actually get a few CB snakes, and BREED THEM YOURSELF!!!

Your website says that "if you can imagine it, we can breed it"... If THAT isn't misrepresentation, I'm not sure what is... considering that you specialize in imports... (Misrepresented imports at that)...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReptileJay View Post
    You can't just go on a different site and expect it to be all better Chris. Reputable breeders and hobbyists do not appreciate misrepresentation. Having a table at a show selling normals as "Fires" or "Sables" or "Desert Ghosts" for THOUSANDS of dollars is wrong no matter how you look at it, or what excuses you make for yourself.

Your ignorance is NOT an excuse for misrepresentation of animals. The best thing you could do for your reputation is to learn about the snakes, buy a book and read it, or do some research online. Instead of Importing hundreds of gravid females to resell for profit, actually get a few CB snakes, and BREED THEM YOURSELF!!!

Your website says that "if you can imagine it, we can breed it"... If THAT isn't misrepresentation, I'm not sure what is... considering that you specialize in imports... (Misrepresented imports at that)...

are those sables the same that is on your site?
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 12-27-2008 at 02:58 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nixer For This Useful Post:

gant77 (12-26-2008)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast