Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

1 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

View Poll Results: What is the longest you left your bp unattended?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never more than a day

31 13.72%
  • 1-2 days

39 17.26%
  • 3-4 days

44 19.47%
  • 5-6 days

38 16.81%
  • 7-9 days

52 23.01%
  • 10+ days

22 9.73%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: What is the longest amount of time you have left your BP and enclosure unattended

Im going to France for a month, and I'm worried...the only person who would know how to take care of my BP is coming with...So I'm trusting my BP to a trusted neighbors son...I chose him only because, he's a responsible kid...

I explained to him everything, about the temperatures and humidity...My only fear that I have is my BP being fed...I'm gonna show him this Wednesday on how I feed my BP,

I'm also thinking that I should only have him feed twice in the next four weeks, just to lower the chances of anything going wrong...what do you guys think?

Thanks

Re: What is the longest amount of time you have left your BP and enclosure unattended

I agree. A feeding every two weeks isn't going to hurt the snake and it will decrease any chances of a feeding gone wrong.

Thanks

3 days is my max without a snakesitter. With snake sitter it's 7 days. Even though I know he takes the best of care of them and will handle them very well, I just get homesick and need to see them after a week.
    When life gives you lemons ... get a sweet blue-eyed lucy .

BPnet Veteran TheOtherLeadingBrand's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like it, but would do it for a few days. Not more than that, though. Not without someone reliable at least coming and topping off all the water at an absolute minimum. I won't leave my dog (for more than eight hours), period- if he can't go, I don't go. I didn't even leave my dog for more than eight hours to give birth! LOL

Thanks

I am going to be in the Keys for two weeks end of July/early August and will be entrusting my younger (21 yr old) brother to care for my reptiles. He will be staying at my house, since he has school that isn't far from where I live and doesn't mind topping off water and he has a boa himself (that my parents will be caring for while he's at my house) and so is used to feeding frozen thawed. He will only be feeding them once while I'm away. Without a snake-sitter though, I wouldn't leave them longer than a weekend.

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montie Python View Post
    Im going to France for a month, and I'm worried...the only person who would know how to take care of my BP is coming with...So I'm trusting my BP to a trusted neighbors son...I chose him only because, he's a responsible kid...

I explained to him everything, about the temperatures and humidity...My only fear that I have is my BP being fed...I'm gonna show him this Wednesday on how I feed my BP,

I'm also thinking that I should only have him feed twice in the next four weeks, just to lower the chances of anything going wrong...what do you guys think?
    I’d feed him the day you leave and then the lad can feed him two weeks later leaving a further two weeks before you get back ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I’d feed him the day you leave and then the lad can feed him two weeks later leaving a further two weeks before you get back ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am sure they will appreciate the answer 10 years later
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-19-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345