Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

1 members and 3,328 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

So I know it's not till next year.....

This year, I only have one pair breeding. A normal to a het pied in hopes of getting 50% possible het pieds. Next year, the real fun should begin. All of my females should be up to weight and will be approaching their third winter. One might be a bit behind because she was a late '07 but the others should be fine. (I have one '07 that weighs more than 800. If she wasn't an '07 I'd consider breeding her late in the season if she put on the weight, but I'm going to wait another year).

But next year should have a bunch of opportunities to breed for some cool morphs. So which of my males should I breed to which females?

Males:
    Spider, Pastel, 100% Het. Pied

Females:
    Normal, Pastel, Pinstripe

Depending on whether or not I get my new job, I might add another snake or two this year. Possibly a male cinny and either an albino or a pair of het. albinos.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: So I know it's not till next year.....

Tough choice....

I'd say if you are looking to make more pieds I'd breed the het pied to the normal for sure.

The pastel and the pin are tough.

On the one hand it would be nice to make a bee but having a super pastels would make your life alot easier in the long run.

Same with the pin...having spinners would be great but also lemon blasts would be cool.

I'd say if you are looking to expand and breed more in the future as more of a business than I'd go for super pastels and spinners....

But if you just want to make cool combos for yourself I'd say going for a bee and spinners would be great.

Have fun!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstriction
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/jdconstriction
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jdconstriction

Thanks

Well I could breed both the spider and the pastel males to the pastel female and have a chance at both. I am not positive on what I'm getting this year if I end up getting the new job. It might be nice to get some female ball pythons along with some males. I'm definitely going to Daytona next summer, so I might end up bringing home more than just a cinny male and an albino. Albino males should be around $600-$800, but how much do cinny males go for? And any suggestions on another morph or two to get (females)?
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

I would go for;

Spider x Pastel Bumblebees are one of my favorite morphs.

Pastel x Pinstripe Always a good choice.

I would wait with breeding the het pied, simply because I do not want to work with possible hets. I would breed either the spider or the pastel to the normal one.

Or you can just mix and match and hope to have mixed clutches, it would be like christmas times two when they pip.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpman78 View Post
    I'd say if you are looking to expand and breed more in the future as more of a business than I'd go for super pastels and spinners....

But if you just want to make cool combos for yourself I'd say going for a bee and spinners would be great.
    I agree with John if you are wanting to produce combos right off the bat. If you are wanting a long-term project, I'd breed the Het Pied to the Pinstripe female to make some Pins Poss Het Pied. Then you could hold back all of the Pinstripe females from the clutch to breed back to your Het Pied male. This route might not be as exciting at first, but I think that the end result would be worth it.
    Eric Wilson
    UltimateHerps
    www.ultimateherps.com

Thanks

I never thought of that, but I like that idea. Thanks! While I really want morphs out of my pinstripe next year, long term goal is to have many different types of pied and pin is one of them, so might as well get started.
    Under Construction.....