Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,345

2 members and 3,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Bought a new goat!

ACK!!!

Looks like so much fun....

I miss you, but I would LOVE to be in your shoes.

Congrats!!
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

What an awesome little farm you have! I always love seeing other people's critters.

We witnessed our Toulouse geese breeding today, here is hoping for some eggs soon. Got kids coming very soon as well. We are planning on getting turkeys and maybe a piglet soon.

Yay for farms!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    ACK!!!

Looks like so much fun....

I miss you, but I would LOVE to be in your shoes.

Congrats!!
    MY shoes have poop on them! LOL! It's amazing how much a little duck can poop~ I had to clip the muscovys wings to keep them in their pen cuz it looked like about 20 dogs relieved themselves against my garage door every morning!

New kids soon Epona? Congrats! My biggest boar girl at the nieghbors "visiting" their buck. Hopefully we'll be getting new kids from her in May~ maybe June!

Thanks

my mom-in-law has goats. She only has 2 right now (Milda and Onyx). She had 5 til my fiancee's donkey killed them. He almost caught a case of high speed lead poinsoning.

Also, fainting goats started just south of me in Lewisburg, TN. They actually have a festival once a year.
    Steffen, pronounced with f's, not v's
    1.0 Normal BP, Oakley; 0.1 Normal BP, Hissy Fit; 1.0 Savannah Monitor, Abraxas, RIP 2-1-09; 0.0.1 Pacman Frog, Twoey; 1.0 BCI/BCC Cross, Quetzalcoatl "Q"; 0.0.1 Crestie - Flametail; 0.0.1 Crestie - Nuala; 0.1 Emp Scorpion - Black Arachnia; 0.1 ATB - Cortana; 0.0.1 Savvy - Lohe; 0.1 Colombian RTB, Queen Zida; 1.0 Common Boa; 0.0.1 Beardie

Thanks

Cherly, any bee's? We just ordered our first hive today.

We also picked up some taps for a the maple trees.
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neilgolli View Post
    Cherly, any bee's? We just ordered our first hive today.

We also picked up some taps for a the maple trees.
    NO BEES!!! I was thinking about it~ but this last Saturday~ we went to a class to learn to milk goats (the pic of my youngest boy milking a goat was there). THEY had Bee Hives. Cool. Didn't think much of it.........

UNTIL...............

Driving home~ something was buzzing around me......didn't think much of it......a fly or something~ I was DRIVING so I didn't pay much attention.......

Suddenly.........
    My abdomen CAUGHT FIRE!!!! I SWEAR~ HAND TO GOD it felt like my abdomen had caught FIRE!!!!!!!

I was DRIVING!!!!!!!!!

Amazing to me still~ I CALMLY told my son "Something is biting me" and pulled the van off the freeway before SCREAMING IN PAIN AND YANKING OFF MY SHIRT screaming "OH MY GOD WHAT IS IT!!!???!! GET IT OFF MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" While my teenage son held one hand over his eyes (his mother was now mostly NAKED in the driver seat and screaming hysterically!) and tried to pear through his fingers to identify and find whatever was biting me!!

Turned out a bee had flown into the van~ then crawled into my shirt~ then chose to STING ME in the abdomen WHILE I WAS DRIVING!!!!!!!

I understand we NEED bees~ I understand they are a GOOD thing.......but we are going to have to wait for the swelling to go down...........and for my teenage son to stop staring at the floor every time he sees me~ before I'm willing to add them to my farm!!!!

OUCH!!!!
    I STILL can't believe I was able to calmly explain I was in pain and pull the van over before the OH MY GOD IT'S A BUG AND IT'S BITING MRE!!!!!!!! Dance started!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheryl Marchek aka JM For This Useful Post:

neilgolli (02-10-2009)

Thanks

Wow, great story Cheryl. I can see why the hive my be put on hold for a bit
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123