Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,239

3 members and 3,236 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Re: Need some perspective (gore)

The critical element here is that she has not taken it to a vet... she will have the say as to whether or not it gets euthanized. So she is refusing medical care for an animal the desperately needs it.

If the only thing the vet could do would be to minimize its suffering, then so be it.

But this arrogant fool is doing nothing to it. That equates to animal cruelty.

And if she is so certain that ANY vet will euthanize it, then she knows that it is beyond repair.

Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Whitehead For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-18-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Another reason she may have disappeared is that it is likely that the snake has died in her care...
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks

I did'nt read the thread at the other forum... but here is my take on a what may be going on here:

She's a PETA nut who thinks feeding rats to snakes is cruel and she wants to point out what MIGHT happen to somehow make us not feed rats... the snake may not even be in her possession. She could just have pictures of it, and it is already "in the freezer".

All that is hypothetical of course... maybe my brain just can't wrap itself around a situation in which someone would be so cruel to an animal.
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gothkenny View Post
    Michigander here!

Anyway, I'll be willing to help with whatever is needed. I don't have money but I do have access. Is there anything I could do to help out with this?
    Me too. I offered since I couldnt get more info to send pics to my vet and get opinions on what they would recommend as treatment. I would doubt they would recommend a treatment but I offered to cover the vet bill if that is what was needed even though I dont have a ton extra due to the time of year. Been talking to Morphie since it started..
    I do not think she intends on getting rid of the snake. nor does she truly want help.. She wanted the pats on the back for rescuing.

Thanks

Out of control! I really cant believe this.

Thanks

I tried really hard to be civil to her about what needed to be done the the snake. I spoke the the vet I work for today and showed him the pics. He said that if the snake was taken to the vet before infection set in it could be saved. He could not comment on if the snake had proper motor skills still since he did not examine the animal.

The point is the snake doesn't have the be put down but it does need medical attention if it is going to live. I tried to giver her info on a vet close to her so she could take it in and I tried to inform her of payment options that exist for vet bills. I don't think she even bothered to read my posts.

Thanks

This is so sad...
    At one point I can understand the girl, I would also want to help the creature hurt so bad, but....
    Everything has been said, if a human being would have been hurt that bad, he would get the best available medical treatment by professionals.
    If she is that sure, there is no proper vet in her area, she should be reasonable enough to see that the best way to prevent further suffering for that creature, is to let it die as fast and painless as possible, because she will never be able to heal it without professional help.
    You would not put a guy with an open spine in your garage and treat it yourself, because you think your local doc is an nerd...

On the other hand, i am sure, if she manages it to get this poor thing on track again, there will be a lot of cheering and applause on all the forums... on the back of the poor creature... my 2 ct on hypocracy
    1.0 Ballpython Pete Townshend
    1.0 Boa BCI Bob Marley
    1.0 Cornsnake Elton John
    0.0.1. Rogers racersnake (Platyceps/Coluber rogersi) Mike Tyson
    0.3. Leopard Geckos (1 normal, 1 SHT het. Albino)
    0.0.1 Pacman Frog Albino, Tosh
    0.0.1 Tockay, Rudy
    1.1. Red Oscars (1 normal, 1 albino), 0.0.2 catfish (corys)

Thanks

There is plenty of good vets within an hour of her. I gave her mine last night that is about 45 minutes from her. and they come recommended by everyone. I havent heard one person with unpleasent things to say about them. I have not heard yet on weather the snake made it there yet today. And am somehow doubting I will hear

Thanks

I WOULD never doubt there are able and good vets in her area for sure, but I doubt she is able to see...
    I guess she took the snake with a good will and now is overwhelmed by the descision she has to make...
    Invest a lot of $ with an uncertain outcome or to decide to end the pain on her own...
    1.0 Ballpython Pete Townshend
    1.0 Boa BCI Bob Marley
    1.0 Cornsnake Elton John
    0.0.1. Rogers racersnake (Platyceps/Coluber rogersi) Mike Tyson
    0.3. Leopard Geckos (1 normal, 1 SHT het. Albino)
    0.0.1 Pacman Frog Albino, Tosh
    0.0.1 Tockay, Rudy
    1.1. Red Oscars (1 normal, 1 albino), 0.0.2 catfish (corys)

Thanks

AAAAHHHHH. This dumb ____ twit and her alter ego (who share the same IP, btw), have now taken the same story to a different forum, only now they are pretending it 'just happened' and they were 'called in to help'. See the BS for yourself......

http://www.reptileforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=52221

I ranted on the last forum, it's someone elses turn.

~Kat

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast