Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

4 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Need some perspective (gore)

SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!
    I'm in Florida. Is there anything I can do? This snake needs to go to the vet. I completely understand her reasoning for not wanting to put him down. If I found this snake, I would feel I have to do everything in my power to help the snake without putting him down. I'm not a vet, so I cannot tell if the snake can recover or not. I understand there are a lot of you who feel the freezer route is the best route, but really, I would rather a highly qualified vet make that decision. But leaving the snake as it is SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION!!!
    If she can't afford the vet, I'll set up a collection. There are several people who would forego lunch to donate the lunch money. I'm sure of it!
    I feel helpless here...
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!
    I'm in Florida. Is there anything I can do? This snake needs to go to the vet. I completely understand her reasoning for not wanting to put him down. If I found this snake, I would feel I have to do everything in my power to help the snake without putting him down. I'm not a vet, so I cannot tell if the snake can recover or not. I understand there are a lot of you who feel the freezer route is the best route, but really, I would rather a highly qualified vet make that decision. But leaving the snake as it is SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION!!!
    If she can't afford the vet, I'll set up a collection. There are several people who would forego lunch to donate the lunch money. I'm sure of it!
    I feel helpless here...

HELLO!! Why does everyone think that the Reptile community is a bunch of suckers? Everyone and their friends has a hand out. I would not send this (insert preferred term here) one single penny.

After what she has shown herself to be, we have no guarantee that she would even use it for the snake!!

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to broadude For This Useful Post:

grunt_11b (01-04-2009)

Thanks

Someone has already offered to pay for the vet to have it euthanized - she rejected that option.

Instead, she has decided to delete all of her posts and act like everyone in the world but her is Just Stupid.

I wrote to her local animal control claiming that I had some concerns about a neglected animal, offering to send photos, their IP address (we've confirmed that she and Mr_Pat live together) as well as the name of their ISP and the name of the town they live in. It will take a court order to get more information than that, i think

We'll see what the AC says. I'm feeling pretty defeated.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Morphie For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    Someone has already offered to pay for the vet to have it euthanized - she rejected that option.

Instead, she has decided to delete all of her posts and act like everyone in the world but her is Just Stupid.

I wrote to her local animal control claiming that I had some concerns about a neglected animal, offering to send photos, their IP address (we've confirmed that she and Mr_Pat live together) as well as the name of their ISP and the name of the town they live in. It will take a court order to get more information than that, i think

We'll see what the AC says. I'm feeling pretty defeated.
    Wonder if it would be possible to match up that IP against NataLIE's? May not be her, but I am curious.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    Wonder if it would be possible to match up that IP against NataLIE's? May not be her, but I am curious.
    I don't have NataLIE's - but if you can get it, i have theirs.

(i don't think they're the same - Jlynn, as much of a moron as she is, handled the situation on CU 100,000,000x more eloquently than did NataLIE on Fauna - it's unlikely that a change that big occurred in such a short span of time).
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

I don't have NataLIE's - but if you can get it, i have theirs.

(i don't think they're the same - Jlynn, as much of a moron as she is, handled the situation on CU 100,000,000x more eloquently than did NataLIE on Fauna - it's unlikely that a change that big occurred in such a short span of time).

You are probably right. The similarities are purely superifical.

Thanks

Michigander here!

Anyway, I'll be willing to help with whatever is needed. I don't have money but I do have access. Is there anything I could do to help out with this?
    -Abbi [:

1.0.0 Chinese Water Dragon - Axel.
    0.1.0 Ball Python - Seether.
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Doby.
    1.2.0 (plus strays I feed!) Cats - Lucky, Kitty, and Meggy.
    0.0.3 Fish - No namesssss.

9.0.0 Rats - Louie, Chessie, Elliot, Eddie, Loki, Andante, Stevie, Igby, and Zigby. (RIP Boys. <3)
    0.1.0 - Tremper Albino Leopard Gecko - Izzy (RIP.)
    1.3.0 - Angus, and the girlie trio. (RIP.)

Too many frozen mice, mealworms, and crickets to count! Don't you love reptiles?

Thanks

Wow, that's just unreal........ It's amazing that that animal is still alive but keeping it alive after sustaining injuries like that is just CRUEL and INHUMANE! I can't believe anyone could think that it's in the animals best interest to let it continue like that.
    Obviously infection is going to set in unless that snake is kept in a 100% clean, germ free environment like friggin bubble boy which most VETs do NOT have set up. Then having that snake die slowly as infections take over her body..... It's disgusting. I really do hope that they are taking it to the vet tomorrow as they said and I hope they listen when he tells these numbskulls to have her put down. At that point it's the only thing that can be done and prolonging her life even by the few DAYS that they've been sitting with their thumbs up their asses is totally unacceptable.

Keep us updated please Morphie
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

This makes me SO mad... Morphie and Kat I aplaud you both for saying something. This lady is an idiot, I cant even begin to say how much I want to say. Mr. Pat keeps saying that the vets do not have the right equipment to save this poor snake, so what the hell makes him think she can do it!

And to that forum, someone should write a complaint for alowing members to edit their posts after a reasonable period of time.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    HELLO!! Why does everyone think that the Reptile community is a bunch of suckers? Everyone and their friends has a hand out. I would not send this (insert preferred term here) one single penny.

After what she has shown herself to be, we have no guarantee that she would even use it for the snake!!

Okay, at the risk of getting 5 million hate mails, I'm going to stick my neck out there. I could be completely off-base here, but I have a feeling I'm not...

The way I understand this is, she is not opposed to the snake getting treated. My understanding is that she is trying to get help from the herp community to figure out ways to treat this snake without taking it to the vet. And that is because, SHE IS SURE, that if she takes the snake to the vet, the vet will EUTHANIZE it. And that is simply an option that she will not take.

Okay, for the record, if a reputable vet tells me that the best thing for my animals is to get it euthanized, then I will be all for it. But, if my kids' pediatrician will tell me that the best thing for my kids is to euthanize them I will fight them tooth and nail to the grave. So, if I just try to see things in her perspective, I can understand that she is not looking at this snake as an animal but as a human being (like the kids in my example). You can agree to disagree with her on that particular philosophy but you can't completely say she is wrong. Because, I do still believe that she cares for this snake, she just has a few gears in her brain that are wired differently from most pet owners.

Take for example that incident here in Florida where a woman stayed alive because of the machines (feeding tube, breathing tube, etc. etc.). Her husband wants to take her off the machines and let her die peacefully, her parents fought all the way to congress to keep her on the machines. Now, to be honest, I'm with the parents. But, at the same time, I can understand the logic behind taking her off of the machines. So, replace parents here with this snake "rescuer", replace the woman with the snake... and you got a similar situation. This is just the way she is thinking right now. I cannot judge her for this. But, what she is forgetting with all these emotions going around, is that the snake remains untreated without vet care because of her anti-euthanisia stance!

So, really people, we cannot convince her to change her philosophy on it. That is what she believes. We can argue with her until we're blue. She will not budge and the snake continues to suffer.

What we can do, is help her find a vet who will guarantee to treat the animal and KEEP IT ALIVE. That is the only way she will budge and the snake gets HELP! If she will hesitate on this because of the cost, that is what I offered above. I will set up a collection and see what we can raise and make sure it goes to the vet.

Who knows, this can be just like that post here where a bp.net member stitched up his snake's heart instead of just throwing it in the freezer and the snake is saved...

But, I think, more than likely, this girl will have to face facts sooner rather than later, that to keep this animal alive will cost a ton of money that she can't afford unless, of course, she goes her regular route of letting "nature take its course"...

Sigh.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast