Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,114

2 members and 3,112 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My new asf colony

I don't understand why everyone is getting carried away with this. If he is going to supply them with water food and change there tubs every week what is the big deal? I don't know about you but I don't hold my rats and play with them I have them to breed for me nothing else! That and I don't keep any rats that aren't breeding I'm not going to pay to feed and water a rat if its not going to produce anything. Just my opinon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocko2527 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is getting carried away with this. If he is going to supply them with water food and change there tubs every week what is the big deal? I don't know about you but I don't hold my rats and play with them I have them to breed for me nothing else! That and I don't keep any rats that aren't breeding I'm not going to pay to feed and water a rat if its not going to produce anything. Just my opinon
    exactly, but there are many idiots on here that you can see, that believe if you dont do it their way its the wrong way. I enjoy getting sitting back and getting arise out of them. Sometimes I believe its because they have nothing better to do than trash other peoples threads.

Thanks

I think its discusting how a harmless thread can be started with the best intentions and be completely turned into something that it is not. And then you have idiots, who point fingers like they know you and what your about. I want point fingers but you all know who you are, and Im sure you will respond to this and make it that more obvious. My point is if you dont like me and what Im about than dont read and comment my threads saying please no more updates on my current projects, if you dont like it than stay out rather than get your panties in a bunch. But like I said many of you are idiots with nothing better to do, rather than help somebody you would rather attack them and make false accusations.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I look at them as food. And their days are numbered sorry you dont feel the same way. But this is not a debate, and I am starting my colonies. Because I want to and its something I will enjoy doing, thanks.
    Yes they are food however they do deserve respect and proper care until they are being fed off

If you care about your snakes you should care about the animals you are raising as feeders as well.

Also from several of your posts you seem to make decisions on impulse which is why you can understand the concern of many member here that are just trying to help.

Here is an example of impulsive decision
    I am devastated right now, for he was my favorite snake almost like my best friend. I dont even know what to do with myself right now. I am considering selling all of my snakes off now, because he was what kept my interest everyday. This sucks.
    This does not only show are you make decision on impulse it also show that you can lose your interest rather quickly which again is concerning.

What will you do in a month or 2 when they escape, bite you or it does not work as plan and that the pet store will not buy all your ASF will your lose your interest too?

You know how you need to learn to walk before you can run well maybe you need to start small and see how you like it before you get such a large colony that will profiler VERY quickly and if you do get such a colony than you better have a solid plan and avenue to sell them.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Shadera (12-20-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Yes they are food however they do deserve respect and proper care until they are being fed off

If you care about your snakes you should care about the animals you are raising as feeders as well.

Also from several of your posts you seem to make decisions on impulse which is why you can understand the concern of many member here that are just trying to help.

Here is an example of impulsive decision

This does not only show are you make decision on impulse it also show that you can lose your interest rather quickly which again is concerning.

What will you do in a month or 2 when they escape, bite you or it does not work as plan and that the pet store will not buy all your ASF will your lose your interest too?

You know how you need to learn to walk before you can run well maybe you need to start small and see how you like it before you get such a large colony that will profiler VERY quickly and if you do get such a colony than you better have a solid plan and avenue to sell them.
    first off I will give them respect they deserve a constant supply of food, water, and a clean living quarters is respect.
    secondly I was upset when I wrote that, and know I did not make any desicion on impulse I have been thinking for some time to sell off some of my collection that I do not need.
    And last but not least I have many pet stores lined up already, and also some clients on the side, I sometimes think that you all forget that c02 chambers exist, and that f/t is an option. So no I will not have overwhelming numbers. I thank you though for confronting me in a good manner, and in return you got respect

Thanks

So, do you see them as a living breathing creature?

Your past statements give the impression that you really didn't give an arse, because they were "just food".

My point was, if you can't see it for the living animal it is, what reason would there to be to treat them like a living breathing animal?

But, seeing as you have stated over and over again you do intend to provide humane and optimum conditions for these animal (that are living and breathing), then best of luck, I hope you do succeed.

I felt compelled to respond to the way you first replied, it was quite disconcerting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    So, do you see them as a living breathing creature?

Your past statements give the impression that you really didn't give an arse, because they were "just food".

My point was, if you can't see it for the living animal it is, what reason would there to be to treat them like a living breathing animal?

But, seeing as you have stated over and over again you do intend to provide humane and optimum conditions for these animal (that are living and breathing), then best of luck, I hope you do succeed.

I felt compelled to respond to the way you first replied, it was quite disconcerting.
    I will treat them like living breathing creatures because that it was they are, a constant supply of food,water, and clean living quarters will be present 24/7. But to me they are food for my pets, they themselves are not my pets

Thanks

Hmmm... I thought I was getting things going on a bit fast, owning two small breeding groups (1.1 ASF, not proven yet and 1.2 Mice with one preggo female) and just three snakes to feed, but this thread proves me wrong.
    Just my 2 cents, I am living in a big city (3.8 Million people and counting) and there is simply no need for rodents, pet shops wont buy them and the ads are full of rats, gerbils, mice and asf of every kind, what does the thread opener expect to do with the thousands of asf pups he will be facing in the near future.
    If he he wants to competete with the real big scale breeders in the f/t buisness, he will have to rent one or two seperate bulidings, to house the absurd amounts of animals he will need to make a little cash.
    One or two petshop owners telling you " Yeaahh, man i will take sum...", aint no business plan...

Sorry for the rats, sincerly!
    1.0 Ballpython Pete Townshend
    1.0 Boa BCI Bob Marley
    1.0 Cornsnake Elton John
    0.0.1. Rogers racersnake (Platyceps/Coluber rogersi) Mike Tyson
    0.3. Leopard Geckos (1 normal, 1 SHT het. Albino)
    0.0.1 Pacman Frog Albino, Tosh
    0.0.1 Tockay, Rudy
    1.1. Red Oscars (1 normal, 1 albino), 0.0.2 catfish (corys)

Thanks

I can't really sell extras anyway all the pet shops want are mice & rats they don't even now what a asf is.they want your rodents for free won't pay for them because the breeders are selling to them for hardly nothing & they make a big profit seller to novice snake owners.
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

OP, I know I said I was done with this thread, but please consider this, as I feel it will really help you if you actually listen.

As everyone knows, I breed lots of ASF's and sell them to lots of folks. When I first started getting large numbers, I spoke to several local pet shops that were all interested in buying from me regularly. They all carried ASF's on and off and usually sold them for 5 - 7 dollars each.

A couple months passed, and when I had too many ASF's, I took them into the pet shops I had already spoken to. I almost puked when I went back to all these shops with lots of ASF's in a tub (All large I might add) and NONE of them were willing to pay any more then what they pay their regular supplier for ex breeder mice. That is $.50 OR LESS per large ASF!!!! Yes, even though they are selling them for 5 - 7 dollars, they would only give me 50 cents each! We are talking about LARGE ASF's that were a minimum of 4 months old.

Needless to say I didn't sell any to them. You simply will not make any money "selling to a few pet shops." In fact, you won't even break even when you factor in all the costs and time spent.

ONE more piece of advice. EVERYBODY wants them until you have them available and ready to go.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast