Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,391

3 members and 3,388 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Help

Thanks

Help

Hi my wife bought me a Ball Python last year for Christmas and he went for 11 months without eating, I tried live mice and dead mice and nothing worked. Then in October I notice that he was sluggish, not moving around as much, and he was tarting to lose wieght.So I took him to my Vet and the he had some parasites around his mouth, and the Vet gave him 2 shots for worms and to get rid of the parasite, but he still wouldn't eat, so I took him back to the vet and he said he was okay and he force fed a mouse He also said that I would have to do this until he got his strenth back. So now its been a month and I have force fed him foru times now and he is starting to move around again and he has even statred to bask on top of his hide. but hes still not eating. Just for your infomation I have another Ball python and hes eating fine every week. I also have a Redtail Boa and he is eating about every 2 weeks. As far as the 2 Ball Pythons go the temp is the same in both enclosures. Can somebody please help me.

Thanks

Re: Help

I had a very similiar situation with a male normal 08 ball python. The vet wagoing to put him down but contacted me and asked me If I wanted to give it a shot and I did my best. Forcefeeding him every 5 days trying to get his weight back up. It worked and about two weeks ago he ate his first meal on his own. Just keep up what you are doing, thats the best you can do for him. Along with a vet visit here and there.

Thanks

Re: Help

just a thought, have you tried a rat instead of a mouse?