Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,027

0 members and 3,027 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Turning lab block to dust...

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    I have one tub that always does it, one option is to get smaller screens to chew through, if you cant do that then just do not replace the food until the next cleaning. Im not sure but I would think that they hate eating their now chewed up pee swelled food and do not do it was much anymore.
    I would not suggest this. You do not want your feeders to be hungry at all or with our water they will turn on each other. Just because they have a food source that they ruined does not mean they will eat it.

I would suggest giving them a smaller amount like a previous poster said and see how that goes. Also be sure you have lots for them to do. I have about 6 little blocks of wood, a wheel, and a hopper for them to climb on. They have yet to waste food like that.

But remember I have only had mine for two weeks so I do not know a whole lot about them. Just what i have researched.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks

the wheel oh man do they love it . .you can wake up at night and hear that thing just a turning . I shocked that the ynot made a ball bearing type lol.. plus I watch the one mom thiss morning tring totake the baby for a run in her mouth as she ran on the wheel. I actually need ot pick up a 3rd whell and at least 4 more water bottles cause they killing an 8 oz bottle every 12 hours ( and my rat kill a 16 in a 24 ) and the rats stink a lot worse. I am gonig to keep my asf colonies going and freeze off the rats for the one boa I got then just order rats once in a while frozen for her. until I think she need rabbits .. the asf are split into 3 tubs (with at least 2 more going to be needed by the spring if they keep up this rate of pinkie dropping. ) I wil be settign up a single tub for local pet stores and people to aquire direct from me. and keepnig at least 2-3 tanks to keep my count up high and I want to keep mixing the babies up about every other litter -aka toss them all into a single container and split the pups up again to keep the gene pool as wide as possible .
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoax View Post
    I would not suggest this. You do not want your feeders to be hungry at all or with our water they will turn on each other. Just because they have a food source that they ruined does not mean they will eat it.

I would suggest giving them a smaller amount like a previous poster said and see how that goes. Also be sure you have lots for them to do. I have about 6 little blocks of wood, a wheel, and a hopper for them to climb on. They have yet to waste food like that.

But remember I have only had mine for two weeks so I do not know a whole lot about them. Just what i have researched.

Works for me You can give them a smaller amount but they will just shred that too. Some people say they give them a small amount in a bowl, but trust me, food will go by faster that way because half the time they will shred that all over the place when you think they are eating it.

the only time they will turn on each other in my experiance is when they have no water.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Ive been giving sunflower seeds & dog bisciuts to let them chew on,seems like they are eating more block & not shreding it.
    WHITEMARSH BALL PYTHONS
    CAPTIVE BRED BY GREGORY J HALL

CHECKOUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL BELOW ALL BP's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GREGORYJHALL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/White...88827331178640
    410-206-9781

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Works for me You can give them a smaller amount but they will just shred that too. Some people say they give them a small amount in a bowl, but trust me, food will go by faster that way because half the time they will shred that all over the place when you think they are eating it.

the only time they will turn on each other in my experiance is when they have no water.
    I'm sorry, but withholding food is not teaching these animals that they shouldn't crumble their food! That's irresponsible to think that if they run through it, they will somehow learn a lesson.

How is it that I have no problems with food crumblers unless they're under great distress? (like breaking up a colony)

I give them seeds, toilet paper rolls, blocks of wood, deep aspen, left over bread, dog treats, mainly just things to destroy and keep them busy. I keep their numbers light, I wean early...

Your fooling yourself if you honestly think that your teaching these animals a lesson by not refilling food once they've crumbled it.

Remember, they need to chew to keep their teeth worn. If they didn't their teeth would grow too long and they will starve. If they grow extra long, it will grow right into their skulls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12