Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,381

0 members and 3,381 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: New gecko! =D

Thanks

New gecko! =D

Just got my first crestie!
    I have a question though. I bought the Repashy gecko diet.. and then realised it wasn't the complete gecko diet, just the base. >_>
    Will my gecko eat it like that, or should I make a dash and get some nectars?
    Also, Should I always have it available, or offer it a certain number number of days out of the week?
    Thank you in advance. I LOVE MY NEW CRESTIE! n_n

Thanks

Re: New gecko! =D

I usually keep cgd in their enclosure 24/7 and replace it when it gets hard.

it sounds like u bought the repashy 2 part diet which u got only the flavor??

If thats the case, the site says u can just use the base, but u have to supplement it with other things

heres what it said
    "The MRP Base may also be used in conjunction with fresh fruit, babyfood, and fresh honey to create a complete diet or supplemental diet. There is no way to be precise with this method because different fruits have different levels of moisture , sugar, minerals, vitamins. Using a good average estimate for moisture and sugar content, a good place to start would be the following two recipe's For a complete diet, mix 33% MRP BASE with 66% fresh pureed fruit /fruit babyfood/fresh honey BY WEIGHT (not volume). For a supplemental diet , mix 25% MRP Base with 75% fresh pureed fruit /fruit babyfood/fresh honey BY WEIGHT (not volume)These are only guidlines, and if using this method, careful monitoring must be used, and results may vary. Use this method at your own risk."
    Chester

1.0 normal bp- Jake
    0.2 crested geckos- Reptar & ________

Thanks

Re: New gecko! =D

I would just buy the 2nd part to the diet as it takes the guesswork out of the rest... also try to avoid the baby foods and use them sparingly only as treats and when going that route if you must
    Stacey
    1.2 Shih Tzu's (Bert, Lea, Maci)
    1.1.0 Crested Gecko (Sparx, Skylar)

***really badly want an albino, butter and a carmel ball and a creamsicle crested gecko***