Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

0 members and 3,319 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Cool I must be very lucky !

Summary: They like to go potty on me.

1) Friday - I buy a rat pup for my niece's BP and it pees on me as I take it out of the box.

2) Sunday - I buy three BP's at the Westchester Reptile show. I take one out of the bag to show another vendor and it pees on me.

3) Monday - One of the new BP's has some shed left and, from what I read here, I soak him in water and use a wash cloth to remove it. As I'm stroking him with the wash cloth he erupts with the biggest load of pee and poo (white and black) that I have ever seen - all over me.

4) Monday again - My son has another new BP out for a while. It also erupts with pee and poo - on him, me, the table and the rug.

I had snakes many years ago and never had one go potty on me. I'm buying a lottery ticket today.

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Re: I must be very lucky !

Hehehehehehe! All of my kids used to pee and poop on my ex. Never on me. On the bed, on my ex, in the toilet...

Good luck with the lottery ticket!
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I bet you're going to learn very quickly to check the vent area for tell-tell bulging that hints of an impending bowel movement and choose to pass on handling that day!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

the soaking in a tub to remove shedding skin will prompt that to happen. There's something about being in water that makes the snakes need to use the restroom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    the soaking in a tub to remove shedding skin will prompt that to happen. There's something about being in water that makes the snakes need to use the restroom.
    Looking back I must take part of the blame on that one. The old skin was on the lower third of the body and I was stroking down with the wash cloth. It looked like I was milking a cow but I was actually milking the snake.

It really was an incredible amount of poop. After we finished (me stroking, him pooping) his body was a little thin. I'm feeding them tonight so hopefully he'll fatten up.

BTW, I purchased the three male normals at the show for $50 from a breeder. Not sure if that's good. My niece paid $80 for one at Petsmart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post

1) Friday - I buy a rat pup for my niece's BP and it pees on me as I take it out of the box.

2) Sunday - I buy three BP's at the Westchester Reptile show. I take one out of the bag to show another vendor and it pees on me.

3) Monday - One of the new BP's has some shed left and, from what I read here, I soak him in water and use a wash cloth to remove it. As I'm stroking him with the wash cloth he erupts with the biggest load of pee and poo (white and black) that I have ever seen - all over me.

4) Monday again - My son has another new BP out for a while. It also erupts with pee and poo - on him, me, the table and the rug.

I had snakes many years ago and never had one go potty on me. I'm buying a lottery ticket today.
    lol

Thanks

at least they are regular...
    Thanks!

Sam (and George)

1.0 super awesome 1 of a kind worlds most valuable BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post

LOL!!! thanks for the laugh I needed it! *hugs* I have been having a horrid day and this cheered me right up! lol you should check their vent to see if they are ready to go potty. Speaking of potty my Female ball python looked like she was pooping the otherday but i think I caught a glimps of hemipenes? LOL.. oh lord...
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!