Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,457

2 members and 3,455 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Selling my balls

Hey eveyone im hopeing to have my first clutch which will be pastels and normals. Can anyone give me any tips on how and where i can sell some babies? Do you need a special license?

Thanks

Re: Selling my balls

kingsnake.com
    the for sale section here
    various other reptile forums
    craigslist but you may get flagged
    ~MIKE~

You:How many snakes do you have?
    Me: Oh, just a room full.
    You:Eh, how many?
    Me:A ROOM FULL.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hawaiianice99 For This Useful Post:

BPmorphdude (11-23-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

there are no federal or state laws regulating transfer of property(in this case, live animals) for money between two american citizens.

There are city and state laws about exotic animals however, but I think as long as wherever you live allows BPs you should be good.

There certainly are plenty of laws and regulations at the state, city, county, and even neighborhood association level regarding running businesses out of your home. I think if your breeding is small-time enough then it really shouldn't be considered a business. My girlfriend's mom just took up the hobby of making stained glass pieces this year, and there's nothing against her putting up a few of those things for sale on ebay or putting up flyers at the local coffee shop.

The best way to sell your first clutch is to just make a post on these forums in the for sale section and find other websites that let you put up free classifieds selling animals. You'll want to deal locally since I bet you're not prepared to ship them(if you are then you will have a wider customer base)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

A bit about craigslist: plenty of people sell animals there. You're not supposed to, it's just supposed to be animals up for adoption, and they allow a "small adoption fee". It may be your best way to find new owners for normal males, since those are always the toughest to find homes for, at least among people who already have ball pythons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    there are no federal or state laws regulating transfer of property(in this case, live animals) for money between two american citizens.

There are city and state laws about exotic animals however, but I think as long as wherever you live allows BPs you should be good.

There certainly are plenty of laws and regulations at the state, city, county, and even neighborhood association level regarding running businesses out of your home. I think if your breeding is small-time enough then it really shouldn't be considered a business. My girlfriend's mom just took up the hobby of making stained glass pieces this year, and there's nothing against her putting up a few of those things for sale on ebay or putting up flyers at the local coffee shop.

The best way to sell your first clutch is to just make a post on these forums in the for sale section and find other websites that let you put up free classifieds selling animals. You'll want to deal locally since I bet you're not prepared to ship them(if you are then you will have a wider customer base)
    Cool thanks for the advice! Yeah i was going to try craigs list but we will i still have to hatch the eggs successfully!

Thanks

Please use a legitimate forum to sell any offspring. Using CL to pretend your snakes need 're-homing' is sleazy and says a lot about your character that you will pawn your snakes off in a dishonest fashion.

There are plenty of forums (here, KS, fauna classifieds, etc) where you can market your offspring legitimately to other hobbyists and where you can gain credibility by engaging other breeders, etc. In my opinion, if you care enough to breed, you should take responsibility for the impending offspring.

My .02

~Kat

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janeothejungle For This Useful Post:

bigballs (11-24-2008),dr del (11-24-2008)