Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

4 members and 3,099 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Visionrack or ARS?

This is my first post on this forum and it sucks that this is the kind of post i start off with, well anyway.

Let me fill you in first, I've built two racks for my ball pythons, they got room for 12 snakes each. But I'm no handy man so the racks are working, but they got a few "beauty glitches". And now one of the new juvis i got managed to cram his head through a little opening (wich i missed of course) that was between the tub and the rack "shelf" and I'll be going to the vet in a few hours when they open.

So now I'm really pondering the idea to spend the money and buy myself either two Visionrack CB-70 or one ARS 7030.

As for the visionracks I can get a hold of them here in Sweden, they cost about 1130$ over here though. Gotta love that VAT tax...

Or I can have one shipped from ARS for 2550$ + shipping (400-500$?) and the VAT tax (25% on the 2550$). I've sent an e-mail asking if they got a distributor in Europe but no reply yet.

So I wonder if you guys who got experience of the different racks could chime in here and let me know what you think about them?

And how would you do this? The ARS is alot more convenient but I would have 10 tubs empty at this point. The vision looks less professional but I would only need two racks = less money to spend right now.

Thanks
    Christoffer

P.S I fixed the opening and the damaged snake will be in a smaller plastic tub until he gets some size on him.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Visionrack or ARS?

Quote Originally Posted by Doxster View Post
    This is my first post on this forum and it sucks that this is the kind of post i start off with, well anyway.

Let me fill you in first, I've built two racks for my ball pythons, they got room for 12 snakes each. But I'm no handy man so the racks are working, but they got a few "beauty glitches". And now one of the new juvis i got managed to cram his head through a little opening (wich i missed of course) that was between the tub and the rack "shelf" and I'll be going to the vet in a few hours when they open.

So now I'm really pondering the idea to spend the money and buy myself either two Visionrack CB-70 or one ARS 7030.

As for the visionracks I can get a hold of them here in Sweden, they cost about 1130$ over here though. Gotta love that VAT tax...

Or I can have one shipped from ARS for 2550$ + shipping (400-500$?) and the VAT tax (25% on the 2550$). I've sent an e-mail asking if they got a distributor in Europe but no reply yet.

So I wonder if you guys who got experience of the different racks could chime in here and let me know what you think about them?

And how would you do this? The ARS is alot more convenient but I would have 10 tubs empty at this point. The vision looks less professional but I would only need two racks = less money to spend right now.

Thanks
    Christoffer

P.S I fixed the opening and the damaged snake will be in a smaller plastic tub until he gets some size on him.
    You can buy the ARS by the level:

Single level w/base = $345.00

Single level (6) = $270 x 6 = $1620.00

That's 21 units for $1,965.00 (not including taxes) and it includes a Helix thermostat and top-notch tubs. The Vision does not include either so to compare apples to apples, factor in the price of 22 CB70s and a Helix thermostat.

My personal opinion is that the ARS product is superior.

Thanks

I second the ARS. I have a 7010 and am adding a 7030 very soon.

I love the vision hatchling rack and like the subadult (~28qt) rack but have heard that the cb-70 vision rack sags after awhile due to the weight.

IMO the ARS 7010 and 7030 are the best racks for adult bp females and for breeding hands down.

Hope that helps.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstriction
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/jdconstriction
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jdconstriction

Thanks

Thanks alot for the quick replys.

If you do buy level by level, can you add levels as you go later on?

Thanks
    Christoffer

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doxster View Post
    Thanks alot for the quick replys.

If you do buy level by level, can you add levels as you go later on?

Thanks
    Christoffer
    Yes.

Thanks

Thanks alot, I'll definatley check in to this.

Thanks
    Christoffer

Thanks

I've been using ARS 7030 racks for Balls for a few years now, gotta say I love them!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks

I have both vision and the ARS cb-70 racks. The ARS is far superior, you will not be disappointed.

David

Thanks

Thanks David. Yeah I've only heard good or very good things about ARS, while I've heard the visionracks got some problems holding humidity and people seem to think they aren't very stable, the construction that is.

I really hope ARS got some distributor in Europe, most often that's alot cheaper than importing on your own since they buy a container full of them.

Christoffer

Thanks

Just to give you a heads-up, the ARS racks don't really hold humidity too well either. Although I suppose you could always just cover up some of the ventilation holes. Most of the manufactured racks out there are designed to be used in a humidity controlled room. If you're looking for a rack that will hold humidity, your best bet would be to go with an expanded pvc rack. Animal Plastics and Reptile Basics are two of the bigger companies that offer them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast