Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,379

4 members and 3,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pit bull Pics

Thanks

Re: Pit bull Pics

I have a couple pics too, and more on the way

My show style female, Seirun

My Razors Edge "hippo", Kitty

Kitty is being bred this fall and I'm keeping two, and trading one for a pup of similar bloodline, so will have something new coming here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AjBalls View Post
    From what I hear, over 90% of reported pit bull attacks are a case of misidentification.

And I believe it. Took me a couple tries... find the pit bull

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Fin...itbull_v3.html
    buahahaha right first try
    It helps that Ive been looking over dog breeds, or even have a mild knowledge of dog breeds. I can see someone saying every single one of those was a pit bull, just because it is large, and attacked someone. Thank you media for skape goating pitbulls as the only dog to attack people since the dawn of time!!

great pics everyone, they are all adorable!
    0.1 '05 Het. Hypo - Lelu
    1.0 '06 Hypo - Chester ; 0.1 '11 hypo holdback
    0.1 '07 Woma - Cleopatra aka Cleo
    1.0 '11 Pinstripe het hypo
    0.1 '06 German Shepard Runt - Mika (me-kuh)
    "it's not like cool-aide. its like..you know that powder that you put in water that makes it flavored" -you know who you are

Registered User thefifthdentist's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
    For those that remember Baby, here's a pic. I need to take some new ones. She has come a long way. All her scars are mostly gone/covered, and she loves people now almost without prejudice. One heck of a heart warming turn around from when I first picked her up off the highway.

I had to take a good couple minute look because if I didnt know better I would sware you stole my dog and took a picture of him

She is absolutely beautiful

And by the look of her I am sure shes a sweetheart

Thanks

Not quite a pitbull, but here's my dog, Mackie -- he's a Staffordshire bull terrier x mini bulldog.

I'm not going to lie -- I LOVE the look of the big, "bully-style" American Bullies like the Razor's edge lines. The true APBTs are really great dogs, but not my preferred style. However, I'd just heard so many horror stories about the lifespan and health of some of those larger pits, I just wasn't willing to take a chance on a puppy only to have it die at such a young age ... So we got a dog that looks like he could be a short "pocket pit," but is actually a mix of two very healthy dogs (the sire was the most athletic bulldog I've ever seen!)

At four months

Eight months, I think? ... I need to get some updated pics:

Thanks

My Bosco
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

My two, Jersey and Nero

Guarding the house lol!

Nero on the springpole, only thing that keeps him occupied enough to be unleashed in the yard, otherwise he jumps the fence

Thanks

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just amazed at how you guys can own the dog that is responsible for the most attacks on humans! I could never own a pit or a rottie, not because I think they're dangerous, but because they CAN be dangerous and are well known dogs for mauling beloved pets and family members. How do you guys do it?

Thanks

It's called being a responsible pet owner. Lots of socialization and training. Most dogs that attack and bite are abused and or provoked in to biting/attacking. These dogs aren't born "mean". It's PEOPLE who make them mean.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lillyorchid For This Useful Post:

abuja (08-10-2009),Chris Behof (12-17-2009),dc4teg (01-03-2010),Firefighter7457 (11-12-2009),Friday2214 (01-03-2010),HypoPita (10-24-2009),Jamie-n-Heith (12-15-2009),Sarin (02-15-2010),steveboos (02-13-2010)

Thanks

I wouldn't own anything but a pit. My pit will lick you to death before bite you, unless of course you show aggression towards any of her family. But you would expect any dog to do that if harming their family.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abuja View Post
    I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just amazed at how you guys can own the dog that is responsible for the most attacks on humans! I could never own a pit or a rottie, not because I think they're dangerous, but because they CAN be dangerous and are well known dogs for mauling beloved pets and family members. How do you guys do it?
    And 100 years ago it was bloodhounds of all breeds, then german shephards, dobermans, rotties. The devil breed changes with the times, it's not the dogs, it's the owners. Once a breed gets a bad rep, every idiot in the world gets one and starts breeding unstable dogs that should be put down. The last fatal attack in my state was a pit that was chained to a pole in a basement with no food or water, had bitten at least 7 times before, and not only were they breeding it but they let their kid unsupervised with it. Sorry but that's not a family pet, that's a known vicious dog and how many little puppies with those genes you think they sold off?

If I thought either of my dogs was a danger to people or they ever bit someone they would be put down and that goes for any breed. Any dog can be dangerous, especially because most "attacks" come from leaving kids alone with dogs. Does anyone here think that python that killed the toddler recently is "vicious". No, it was bad ownership and parenting. Now pits have dog aggression and prey drive but so do many breeds, I fostered a little rat terrier that was just like a tiny pit bull.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

abuja (08-10-2009)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast