Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

3 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pit bull Pics

Thanks

Re: Pit bull Pics

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls4me View Post
    Where did you get the girl from and how old is she? Her nails being white is not a good thing. It means she is not getting enough good nutrition or could be infested with worms. A lot of people think it is a natural thing but its not. Just thought I should let you know!
    Her nails where painted white LoL, she is now 7 months old and doing great, i own a pitbull kennel,

Thanks

when i got her from a person she wasn't doing to good, but now she is doing great, i have had pits my hole life and will never own another dog, i will see if i can't get an update picture of her the one i posted is of when we first got her,

Thanks

Thanks

Here's some pics of my most recent rescue, Cruiser. He's about 4 years old, and seems to have been a bait dog. His teeth are filed down pretty flat and he's pretty scarred up. But he's got the most beautiful eyes. One white the other white, brown and blue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gooseman For This Useful Post:

klonedskillz (02-09-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness that poor baby I'm so glad you found him!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter7457 View Post
    I started this post because Lenawee County Michigan just went through with an attempt to ban pit bulls in all of Lenawee county, after that failed the City of Adrian (moved away from there 3 yrs ago) tried to ban them in the city limits, also failed. My dog was found wandering a block from the animal euthanasia location, and the animal control officer that he should be returned to be put down, even though they never posted anything at the Humane Society. I politely told him to got to hell and registered him in my name. Once i did that there was no way they could take him unless he did something wrong or they fought me in court. thanks again everyone for supporting the breed.

Chad
    That's a great story, I am from Tecumseh and Clinton...... Small world......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thatkindofgirl For This Useful Post:

Firefighter7457 (11-12-2009)

Thanks

Goose...You are a saint...I wish I could rescue pits too...We would see pits that didn't survive being rolled when I lived in the LBC...There was a huge pit-fighting ring going on that couldn't be caught...I saw sooooo many awesome pits in the pound that were gonna be put down...It broke my heard seeing and even thinking about it...

Needless to say...GREAT JOB!!!
    I'm FedEx Certified...
    Bearded Dragon's and a small collection of snakes are my focus...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies..."
    "Punish the deed, not the breed..."

Thanks

here is a little video i found a lond time ago its a bit graphic but its a good little clip

YouTube - The ORIGINAL "Pit Bull Problem" Video

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klonedskillz For This Useful Post:

HypoPita (07-25-2009),singingtothewheat (01-17-2010)

Thanks

Sorry to jump to conclusions on that pit puppy! I just see it all the time doing rescue and getting unhealthy animals in.

It is extremely hard when we walk into any of the local shelters here, they no longer adop out pitbulls at any of them. So we have to literally pick which ones live and which die. I hate doing rescue but love it at the same time. You get to see the horrible conditions the dogs came from and then see them happy in their new homes completely transformed. It is a great feeling.

My little female I have was a confiscation case. She was supposed to be a fighter, came from local lines off a major highway where they fight the dogs. She was 4 1/2 months old, weighed 11 pounds, had a ruptured eye and cherry eye in both eyes. Tried to get her brother on court order but lost the fight as there was no proof in the use of the dogs. She was charged with neglect though.

I hate seeing some people who own the breed, they either arent doing a good job at representing the breed, breeding horrible dogs for money or are just plain stupid!!! Breeding is the big one just because there are so many homeless pitbulls out there dying in shelters... even purebred puppies!

Rant over! lol
    Tina
    0.1.1 Normal Ball Pythons- Hubert and Cefira
    2.1 Pitbulls- Roscoe. Jake. Ellie
    1.0 Great Pyrenees- Kodiak
    0.0.1 Yellow Spotted Salamander- Salamander
    0.1 Marbled Salamander- Mandie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls4me View Post
    Sorry to jump to conclusions on that pit puppy! I just see it all the time doing rescue and getting unhealthy animals in.

It is extremely hard when we walk into any of the local shelters here, they no longer adop out pitbulls at any of them. So we have to literally pick which ones live and which die. I hate doing rescue but love it at the same time. You get to see the horrible conditions the dogs came from and then see them happy in their new homes completely transformed. It is a great feeling.

My little female I have was a confiscation case. She was supposed to be a fighter, came from local lines off a major highway where they fight the dogs. She was 4 1/2 months old, weighed 11 pounds, had a ruptured eye and cherry eye in both eyes. Tried to get her brother on court order but lost the fight as there was no proof in the use of the dogs. She was charged with neglect though.

I hate seeing some people who own the breed, they either arent doing a good job at representing the breed, breeding horrible dogs for money or are just plain stupid!!! Breeding is the big one just because there are so many homeless pitbulls out there dying in shelters... even purebred puppies!

Rant over! lol
    its not a problem, im the first person around here the shelters call when a pit comes in, i have the can't say no problem, i have just like you tranforemed alot of them and placed them in good loveing homes,

and 99% of the time the people i place them with keep me upto date with pictures and some even bring them over so i can see them,

and trust me i am deffinatly out of there way, i live on an island with perty much nothing here,

I don't understand how people could put these dogs through, what they do,

my dogs are my family they are not my dogs they are my son, & Daughter

sorry to keep on going but i will tell you a little story, about my baby and i will try to find a picture of her to post later

but anyways she was all of 30 pounds and loved car rides, one night right before our local gas station closed at 11pm i decided to goto the store for some ice cream, and of course like always she wanted to go and like always i let her,

so i get to the store and they are about ready to close so i run in and get my ice cream as i walked out they shut there lights off they were closed for the night

as i was headed to my car i was jumped, by a couple drunk a holes, as im lying on the ground getting the craped kicked out of my i here her locked in the car grawling snarling barking i had the windows up, as i looked up from the ground to see a foot comeing for my face i here the sound of glass shattering,
    she came through the window full force a little 30 pound dog my baby, i had never seen her like that but to this day i would have to say she probably saved my life,

that dog from the day she was born to the day she passed away slept at the foot of my sons bed

sorry to keep going on but i love my kids

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast