Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

2 members and 3,356 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pit bull Pics

Thanks

Re: Pit bull Pics

This is my boy rocky

Registered User singingtothewheat's Avatar
    Thanks

This is my precious Pete. He passed over the rainbow bridge many years ago, but I still miss him with all my heart. I also put in the story I wrote about Pete and I. He was my hero.

PETE THE INCREDIBLE PIT BULL

Pete didn't start off my dog. My boyfriend at the time, we'll call him Dummy, wanted a Pit Bull. I was afraid of them. We went to look at you one fall day. Your mother was a monster named Crazy Jane. She had to be placed in a separated cage or she would kill the people trying to look at her pups. The guy that had Pete was a foolish redneck as was the Dummy. Your linage in the fighting lines was impeccable, your grandfather being Stompanado. It was very obvious that ole rednecks animals had been in a ring as all of them were scarred. I laid my eyes on you, you were so beautiful; small black and white. No one had docked your ears and you had no scars from battle. I had warned the Dummy that we would never fight a dog. I would have no part in anything like that. As I looked into your small dark eyes you went from the dog I didn’t want, to MY DOG.

So we brought you home to a medium sized apartment. You were the cutest thing. Filled with life and shining like a star. It was only a few days into our adventure when you started getting sick. Apparently the redneck breeder had not given the shots he said he had given. You had parvo and the vet said the chances were 50/50 at best. I took another job to pay for your vet bills. The Dummy wanted to take you back and demand our money back. Dummy wasn't terribly loyal to anyone, including you and me.

Fate was on our side though and after a long five weeks you got to come home. Despite the fact that I loved you with all my heart there were times when I thought for sure you would be the death of me. It's a bad idea to have a high energy Pit Bull puppy in a medium sized apartment when you’re at work and there's nothing for the Pit Bull puppy to do. The first day when I got off the transit bus and came inside I saw the end table on its side on the floor. "hmmm, that’s strange" I said to myself. This end table wasn't small, it was huge with massive legs the size of a normal human leg. When I rounded the couch I was amazed to see this coffee table with three of its four legs chewed OFF.

We lost several big ticket items to your chewing and finally got you stopped only when we chained you to a large gas stove while at work. While all of this was going on, the Dummy was becoming an even bigger jerk with a serious drinking and drugging problem. He came home trashed and generally beat the crap out of me just cuz. He had me pretty scared. Threatened to kill my mother if I dared leave. Suffice to say, Dummies daily activities led me to believe that he was 100% capable of this. I stayed through a green stick fractured arm, a nose broken 2 or 3 different times, a fractured cheekbone, broken ribs and enough bruises to paint some beautifully dark canvas of the life of a battered woman.

Then the night came when you were big enough to try to protect me from the Dummy. He nearly killed you for coming at him. He kicked you till you stopped trying to come at him, then he kicked you some more. That was it! That was the one thing I would not endure. So we ran, we ran hard and we didn't do much looking back. We got lucky; the Dummy got thrown in jail before he could come hunting for us. For the next 11-12 years our lives went on, I went to nursing school and we took training classes together to curb some of that gameness in you. You were stunning, absolutely stunning. You slept curled up in my arms and I would wrap around you like a spoon. You were my 45 pounds of rompin stompin sweetness (the parvo stunted your growth some).

You learned tricks in minutes but quickly became bored with performing them. Then the day came when I met Jake. Jake and I had a baby and you were just great with him. You found him very interesting. When the baby was only months old things started to change for you though. You got cranky and started to snap at us. We finally took you too the vet and he said you were nearly totally deaf and your eyesight was going fast.

One night we shut off the lights and suddenly heard what sounded like a dog fight in the closet. You lost your way in the dark and apparently thought you were fighting the hounds of hell in that closet. I got really worried. Then I got pregnant again. By now the youngest human was cruising. One day he cruised up to you, I know you didn't hear him and you didn't see him, so when he grabbed a fistful of Pit Bull butt you snapped at him. Thankfully you didn't hurt him but it was time for us to think of making a very tough decision.

It was only a few days later when you really tried to bite Jake. He wanted to take you for a bath and you wanted NO part of it. We called the vet and made the appointment and all I could do was cry.

The end didn't happen like I thought it would, not at all. I thought you would just lay down your head and go to sleep. Despite the fact that your vision was gone, and your hearing was gone, your heart was very strong. You fought hard not to die and I was so horrified by it, I couldn't even touch you. I couldn't breath! It was like all the air was sucked out of the small room and all I could do was scream from the inside; I was doing this to you. It was finally my daddy that broke the horror and physically pulled me to you and I stroked your head and begged you not to fight.

When it was over we buried you in the back yard. For weeks I had to fight hard not to go dig you back up. (yea I know it sounds terrible) I just couldn't get the thought of you, all alone, in the cold hard ground out of my head. That thought still hurts me. I know now that there's nothing left of you but the stuff in my heart and my head. My solace comes from my belief that someday I will see you again. Of all the things death has taken from me, it is you and my momma I long to see the most. I long to hold you curled up beside me and know you'll never have to leave me again. 13+ years later, I still miss you with all my heart. My beloved baby. I love you Pete.
    singingtothesnakes
    1.1 Normal kids. Well for the most part anyway.
    0.1. Worlds coolest Normal Ball Python (Boo)
    0.1. Mojave Ball Python (Daisy)
    1.0. Pastel Ball Python (Sol)
    1.1. Het. for Axanthic Ball Python (Xan and Xab's)
    1.1. Garden Phase, Amazon Tree Boa's (Jetta & Izzy)
    0.1. Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake (Sarah)
    0.0.1. Gopher Snake (Little Bite)
    The Ghost did not pan out. shoot!

Hopefully by summer I'll be making payments on a 1.1 lesser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to singingtothewheat For This Useful Post:

mrmertz (05-02-2010)

Thanks

Moe Bundles

My Daughter Mia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
    This is my precious Pete. He passed over the rainbow bridge many years ago, but I still miss him with all my heart. I also put in the story I wrote about Pete and I. He was my hero.

PETE THE INCREDIBLE PIT BULL

Pete didn't start off my dog. My boyfriend at the time, we'll call him Dummy, wanted a Pit Bull. I was afraid of them. We went to look at you one fall day. Your mother was a monster named Crazy Jane. She had to be placed in a separated cage or she would kill the people trying to look at her pups. The guy that had Pete was a foolish redneck as was the Dummy. Your linage in the fighting lines was impeccable, your grandfather being Stompanado. It was very obvious that ole rednecks animals had been in a ring as all of them were scarred. I laid my eyes on you, you were so beautiful; small black and white. No one had docked your ears and you had no scars from battle. I had warned the Dummy that we would never fight a dog. I would have no part in anything like that. As I looked into your small dark eyes you went from the dog I didn’t want, to MY DOG.

So we brought you home to a medium sized apartment. You were the cutest thing. Filled with life and shining like a star. It was only a few days into our adventure when you started getting sick. Apparently the redneck breeder had not given the shots he said he had given. You had parvo and the vet said the chances were 50/50 at best. I took another job to pay for your vet bills. The Dummy wanted to take you back and demand our money back. Dummy wasn't terribly loyal to anyone, including you and me.

Fate was on our side though and after a long five weeks you got to come home. Despite the fact that I loved you with all my heart there were times when I thought for sure you would be the death of me. It's a bad idea to have a high energy Pit Bull puppy in a medium sized apartment when you’re at work and there's nothing for the Pit Bull puppy to do. The first day when I got off the transit bus and came inside I saw the end table on its side on the floor. "hmmm, that’s strange" I said to myself. This end table wasn't small, it was huge with massive legs the size of a normal human leg. When I rounded the couch I was amazed to see this coffee table with three of its four legs chewed OFF.

We lost several big ticket items to your chewing and finally got you stopped only when we chained you to a large gas stove while at work. While all of this was going on, the Dummy was becoming an even bigger jerk with a serious drinking and drugging problem. He came home trashed and generally beat the crap out of me just cuz. He had me pretty scared. Threatened to kill my mother if I dared leave. Suffice to say, Dummies daily activities led me to believe that he was 100% capable of this. I stayed through a green stick fractured arm, a nose broken 2 or 3 different times, a fractured cheekbone, broken ribs and enough bruises to paint some beautifully dark canvas of the life of a battered woman.

Then the night came when you were big enough to try to protect me from the Dummy. He nearly killed you for coming at him. He kicked you till you stopped trying to come at him, then he kicked you some more. That was it! That was the one thing I would not endure. So we ran, we ran hard and we didn't do much looking back. We got lucky; the Dummy got thrown in jail before he could come hunting for us. For the next 11-12 years our lives went on, I went to nursing school and we took training classes together to curb some of that gameness in you. You were stunning, absolutely stunning. You slept curled up in my arms and I would wrap around you like a spoon. You were my 45 pounds of rompin stompin sweetness (the parvo stunted your growth some).

You learned tricks in minutes but quickly became bored with performing them. Then the day came when I met Jake. Jake and I had a baby and you were just great with him. You found him very interesting. When the baby was only months old things started to change for you though. You got cranky and started to snap at us. We finally took you too the vet and he said you were nearly totally deaf and your eyesight was going fast.

One night we shut off the lights and suddenly heard what sounded like a dog fight in the closet. You lost your way in the dark and apparently thought you were fighting the hounds of hell in that closet. I got really worried. Then I got pregnant again. By now the youngest human was cruising. One day he cruised up to you, I know you didn't hear him and you didn't see him, so when he grabbed a fistful of Pit Bull butt you snapped at him. Thankfully you didn't hurt him but it was time for us to think of making a very tough decision.

It was only a few days later when you really tried to bite Jake. He wanted to take you for a bath and you wanted NO part of it. We called the vet and made the appointment and all I could do was cry.

The end didn't happen like I thought it would, not at all. I thought you would just lay down your head and go to sleep. Despite the fact that your vision was gone, and your hearing was gone, your heart was very strong. You fought hard not to die and I was so horrified by it, I couldn't even touch you. I couldn't breath! It was like all the air was sucked out of the small room and all I could do was scream from the inside; I was doing this to you. It was finally my daddy that broke the horror and physically pulled me to you and I stroked your head and begged you not to fight.

When it was over we buried you in the back yard. For weeks I had to fight hard not to go dig you back up. (yea I know it sounds terrible) I just couldn't get the thought of you, all alone, in the cold hard ground out of my head. That thought still hurts me. I know now that there's nothing left of you but the stuff in my heart and my head. My solace comes from my belief that someday I will see you again. Of all the things death has taken from me, it is you and my momma I long to see the most. I long to hold you curled up beside me and know you'll never have to leave me again. 13+ years later, I still miss you with all my heart. My beloved baby. I love you Pete.
    What an amazing story! I just finished reading this at work and I am sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes. God bless you for all you have been thru and for giving a totally misunderstood breed a chance to prove what wonderful loving loyal pets they can be. I lost my 2 pit bull girls to cancer at 10 and 12 years of age but still have my boy Sonny who is still going strong!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie-n-Heith For This Useful Post:

singingtothewheat (01-17-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
    Omg, I bawled my eyes out when I read your story! Pete was such a beautiful Pitt, it sounds like you guys were two peas in a pod.

While wiping my tears away I looked down at the Kleenex and noticed there was a smiley face made out of tears. I'm not sure what to make out of that, but being that it was such a touching story it made my day.
    2.0 Crested Geckos

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elise.m For This Useful Post:

singingtothewheat (01-17-2010)

Thanks

Thank you guys. Yes my Pete was an incredible dog. Someday I'm gonna get to wrap my arms around him and snuggle with him.
    singingtothesnakes

Thanks

www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
    myspace.com/aztekvamp

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1bc View Post
    This is my boy rocky

Beautiful, my friend has a Blue Pit. Atleast I know his is a Blue Pit, and they look alike, so i'm assuming yours is a Blue also?
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballsunlimited View Post
    moe bundles

my daughter mia.

look at that smile
    singingtothesnakes

Thanks

[QUOTE=DSGB;956692]Here is Tiger.

Tiger can jump.

I was always amazed at how incredibly high Pete could jump. I could hold a stick as high as I could hold it (probably not so high since I was only 5'3" but from dead still below the stick he could jump straight up and take it from my hand.
    singingtothesnakes

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast