Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,897

3 members and 1,894 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Lightbulb Asking for any ideas and opinions . . .

So, I'm pretty interested in breeding BPs. I have a GREAT normal female BP right now, she (in my opinion) has good markings too. She has the stripes going down her spine and I dont often see that in normal BPs. Anyways, I love BumbleBees and really like pastels (more so super pastels) and spiders. I know that those last two will create a BumbleBee, I'm just wondering what you think I should get first. From the reptile expo that was here last weekend I could have had a super pastel and a spider for a total of $1100. I guess that sort of deal would be the best right? Is there anything you can get to breed with a BumbleBee to make anything . . . also I really like Albino BPs, what can I do with those? I'm also wondering how long the "incubation period" is for BP eggs. How long does it take from the time the snakes have sex to the time the female lays her eggs? I will definitely look a lot more into this subject before pursuing it, I just am asking some basic questions I have.

Thanks

Re: Asking for any ideas and opinions . . .

If you breed a normal to a bumblebee, if all goes well you have the chance of 25% bumblebee, 25% pastel,25% spider, and 25% normal....not a bad start if I'm not wrong

Thanks

Re: Asking for any ideas and opinions . . .

You could buy one or more pastel females now. Then next season buy a bumblebee male. This way you could create killerbees, super pastels, bumblebees, pastels, spiders and normals.

Or you could buy one or more pastel females now. Then next season buy a spider male. You could create bumblebees, pastels, spiders, and normals.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.