Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,184

2 members and 3,182 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: FEDEX and "business to business" clause

Good luck Kevin...

As far as UPS shipping out snakes... it might not be so far fetched seeing as they used to do it just fine. They still ship out snakes for those older accounts who had already been approved to do so before they decided to stop. That's what I understood anyway. Maybe they'll let Reptster be an account that you can ship snakes through. Hopefully Reptster isn't trying to bypass any UPS policies, whether they are technicalities or not.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post
    Thanks, I didn't see that one. As far as the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing, well that is pretty accurate of FEDEX whether it is a Reptster account issue or an individual account like what I went through yesterday. The fiasco I went through yesterday was strictly a FEDEX problem. The Reptster account denial brought the package to the attention of John, but from then on it was strictly FEDEX and bottom line even though I am a verifeid shipper one desk clerk was able to stop my shippment on a technicality that most of us don't think twice about.

Well I am off to Daytona to try at a different hub! I will let you guys/gals know how it goes when I get back.
    Before I started shipping though Reptster, I was trying to become certified to ship through FedEx. I spoke with a FedEx rep and she sent me a form and told me to ship a box to be tested. I took the box to a FedEx Kinko’s, and they would not accept it, because the said that they do not ship live animals. I explained that the box was empty, and was just a test box, but they refused it anyway. I called FedEx, and they told me that I would not be able to ship, because they would only ship business to business. That was before I started my business. That is why I was so relieved to hear that I did not have to become certified to ship through Reptster.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Good luck Kevin...
    I agree, good luck and keep us updated.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
    You complain because you dislike FedEx following their own rules?
    Granted, it may have been a violation that slipped past hundreds of times...but it has been happening with increasing frequency as more & more people are getting waivers. The simplest way around it is to ship to a business. Personally, I always have my live animal packages held at FedEx for me to pick up, and generally encourage my customers to do the same.
    Sounds like an easy solution to Kevin's problem.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Kevin --

Like the others I've found it best to circumnavigate the hub and/or local drop off and just have them pick up the box -- it costs a couple of bucks more but worth it in the end. I stick a bunch of stickers all over the box saying what's in it and have yet to have one held up -- I am sure the day will come tho - it's just a matter of numbers. Once you sign the waiver their butts covered but your butts pretty much exposed so bending that business to business rule is not a big deal (IMO).

And yeah -- it doesn't matter if the business is home based or not -- if it's not legally zoned for business it's not considered one - if your rep told you otherwise he was mistaken -- it's actually written into their policy as such.

Good luck!
    Tosha

The web page: JET Pythons
    The blog: http://jetpythons.blogspot.com/

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

this still doesn't explain why their account at FedEx is in collections.....
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
    You complain because you dislike FedEx following their own rules?
    Granted, it may have been a violation that slipped past hundreds of times...but it has been happening with increasing frequency as more & more people are getting waivers. The simplest way around it is to ship to a business. Personally, I always have my live animal packages held at FedEx for me to pick up, and generally encourage my customers to do the same.
    Relax man, I am complaining about the inconsistency with which they enforce their rules. I am not a pro here so instead of jumping on me, how about you expand on how to set up a shipment to be picked up at the customers FEDEX. It may be simple to you, but I don't know how to do it, and I am sure others would find the info usefull as well. I agree with Diana that this may help, but the guy will always find a way to give me a hard time.....I will just go to Daytona instead, but if I know how to set up this type of shipment it could help me avoid problems there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosha_Mc View Post
    Kevin --

Like the others I've found it best to circumnavigate the hub and/or local drop off and just have them pick up the box -- it costs a couple of bucks more but worth it in the end. I stick a bunch of stickers all over the box saying what's in it and have yet to have one held up -- I am sure the day will come tho - it's just a matter of numbers. Once you sign the waiver their butts covered but your butts pretty much exposed so bending that business to business rule is not a big deal (IMO).

And yeah -- it doesn't matter if the business is home based or not -- if it's not legally zoned for business it's not considered one - if your rep told you otherwise he was mistaken -- it's actually written into their policy as such.

Good luck!
    Tosha, I don't know why but I just feel more comfortable dropping the box off at the hub. I had no problems in Daytona today and I normally don't have problems with Longwood just when this one dude is there.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    this still doesn't explain why their account at FedEx is in collections.....
    That is what the FEDEX desk clerk told me was the reason that yesterdays shipment was originally refused. Beyond that it is not my place to speculate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post
    Tosha, I don't know why but I just feel more comfortable dropping the box off at the hub. I had no problems in Daytona today and I normally don't have problems with Longwood just when this one dude is there.
    Glad to hear that everything went O.K. in Daytona. BTW, I am with Tosha on this one. I always have a FedEx courier pick up at my house, and have never run into any issues this way.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

The one shipment I made I dropped off directly at the Fed Ex sorting facility. Luckily its not to far from my home. They barely even cared about what I was dropping off. I was expecting some sort of problem with all the issues I've read about lately. I'm glad everything went smoothly. It amazes me the amount of variation you can encounter with a service from state to state or person to person.

Also Kevin,

I believe there is an option to hold the shipment at the FedEx facility for pick up when you're setting up the shipment online. I think its under special services.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaniard For This Useful Post:

karbogast (10-28-2008)

Thanks

Sorry you had to go through this Kevin.

As far as David, once a deadbeat, always a deadbeat. Doesn't pay show promoters, doesn't pay FedEx, I even heard he stiffed his newspaper delivery boy out of $2 and had to be chased all over the place by a boy on a bicycle screaming "I want my two dollars!!". Disgusting!

A few weeks ago David sent his errand boy to Fauna (his boy would have come here to post except he can't) and had him spread the word about how great Ripster was doing and how successful the FedEx arrangement was. Is it coincidence that a couple weeks later after it came into question whether his agreement w/ FedEx was legal, suddenly he is moving on to UPS? Even if as I understand it the deal with UPS was in the works, why take down FedEx shipping if it's so successful? What a complete and total fraud and joker this David Young guy is.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jglass38 For This Useful Post:

karbogast (10-28-2008),Shadera (10-28-2008)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast