Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,949

0 members and 2,949 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: FEDEX and "business to business" clause

Means they haven't paid and the account is on hold until FedEx recieves payment.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Kevin, why did you not call David to have him sort it out with FedEx. I have heard that this has happened to others, and once David spoke with FedEx the order was allowed to go through.
    I called Reptster and talked to Steve Young(Daves brother?) and was assured that I would be given a full refund and was told that Reptster would no longer be shipping through FEDEX and that they were in the process of hooking up with UPS. When FEDEX initialy contacted me yesterday the main problem was that they would not ship under the Reptster account because according to FEDEX the account had been sent to collections for delienquency of payment. This then brought my package to the attention of the ever vigilant FEDEX employee John who found a way not to ship my box.

Eddie, I know you are a champion of Reptster and I myself wanted to give it another try because of the convienence and money saved. But when I called Reptster yesterday they couldn't do anything to help me except give me a refund and inform me that they where no longer working with FEDEX. I really didn't pay too much attention to the Reptster deal once they agreed to refund my money, 'cause I then had the daughnting task of trying to get my shipment on track using my own account. I blame myself for some of this, as I shipped out three boxes last week under my account with no problems, however this was a larger shipment and the savings of $25 led me to try Reptster one more time. My bad!

Eddie, I wish I could tell you something different but if you don't believe me, you will next time you try to drop off a box at FEDEX and try and ship it through the Reptster account. Better yet, don't wait, call their customer service number on their main page and ask them directly if they are still shipping through FEDEX. Yesterday they said no! Reptster was zero help in this issue, and if I wasn't a verified shipper my attempt to ship would have stopped there dead in the water.

Honestly, this thread isn't about Reptster but rather about my frustration towards FEDEX policy and more directly how they look the other way and take our money, but refuse to back us up when someone gets all technical.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karbogast For This Useful Post:

broadude (10-28-2008),ForkedTung (10-28-2008),mooingtricycle (10-28-2008),Wh00h0069 (10-28-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    Could you explain this a little further? Reptsters account is delinquent?
    To clarify the employee stated and I quote "the acount is in collection status". She also later refered the acount to "being in bad standing".

Make of it what you want, to me it looks shady. Just not sure who the shady one is because we have heard issues, myself included, about Reptster but at the same time FEDEX can be a shady company as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to karbogast For This Useful Post:

Spaniard (10-28-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post
    To clarify the employee stated and I quote "the acount is in collection status". She also later refered the acount to "being in bad standing".

Make of it what you want, to me it looks shady. Just not sure who the shady one is because we have heard issues, myself included, about Reptster but at the same time FEDEX can be a shady company as well.
    Trust me when i say, i am on your side on this. It is certainly interesting information to know, and i thank you for notifying people of this information.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mooingtricycle For This Useful Post:

karbogast (10-28-2008)

Thanks

I just read a post on Reptster’s site that was written by David, which stated that Reptster will no longer be using FedEx to ship because of something negative that happened with a customer that was trying to ship with FedEx. I have e-mailed David, and will post if I find out more about this, or when they are going to start using UPS.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

I just read a post on Reptster’s site that was written by David, which stated that Reptster will no longer be using FedEx to ship because of something negative that happened with a customer that was trying to ship with FedEx. I have e-mailed David, and will post if I find out more about this, or when they are going to start using UPS.
    One big hurdle they will have to overcome is that UPS will NOT ship snakes. That doesn't mean that people won't slip them through, but as of now they will ship reptiles, just no snakes. Good luck getting a corporate giant to change their rules through all their levels of managment to bring on a deal that would amount to little more than pocket change for them. I hate to sound so negative but with reptiles being more popular than ever you would think we wouldn't have to jump through these types of hoops to do business.

What do shipping companies fear more than snakes,........liability and lawyers. This country is cripled by litigation and that is why it is so difficult to get even the simplest of things done.

Thanks

Eddie, where in here does it state that the problem was caused by "a" customer. The problem is much bigger than one person!

"We are switching from FedEx to UPS
    It is official we are switching shippers from FedEx to UPS. We have had a few major issues with fedex's services, some to big to overlook. We have made a few major breakthroughs with UPS and they have jumped through many hoops to bring the reptile community a service that we all will appreciate for years to come.

Shipping will be down for a very short time while we make the programming changes necessary to provide a much better service. We will email everyone when we are up with UPS.

We apologize for any issues you have had with FedEx and we see this as the only way to fix the issues. UPS has made a few very big promises FedEx was unable to make or live up to. We also apologize for being down for a short time.

Thanks,
    The Reptster Team"

Word for word from there site and it looks like the problem was with FEDEX and not with "a" customer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post
    Eddie, where in here does it state that the problem was caused by "a" customer. The problem is much bigger than one person!

This is the post that I was referring too:
    "I cant get into specifics on why we have made the drastic move with FedEx. I can say because of how they handled a situation Reptster.com will never do business with them again. Since we started the shipping we noticed a huge disconnect within Fedex, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing and it finally came around and affected a customer in a very negative way.

That said we have taken major steps to make sure this wont happen with UPS. They are willing to work with this community in a very great way.

We do apologize that we had to cancel Fedex on such short notice but we feel we cannot be successful with the problems we have experienced with FedEx.

Thanks,
    David Young"

This post was made by David Young on the Reptster forum.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wh00h0069 For This Useful Post:

karbogast (10-28-2008)

Thanks

This is the post that I was referring too:
    "I cant get into specifics on why we have made the drastic move with FedEx. I can say because of how they handled a situation Reptster.com will never do business with them again. Since we started the shipping we noticed a huge disconnect within Fedex, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing and it finally came around and affected a customer in a very negative way.

That said we have taken major steps to make sure this wont happen with UPS. They are willing to work with this community in a very great way.

We do apologize that we had to cancel Fedex on such short notice but we feel we cannot be successful with the problems we have experienced with FedEx.

Thanks,
    David Young"

This post was made by David Young on the Reptster forum.
    Thanks, I didn't see that one. As far as the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing, well that is pretty accurate of FEDEX whether it is a Reptster account issue or an individual account like what I went through yesterday. The fiasco I went through yesterday was strictly a FEDEX problem. The Reptster account denial brought the package to the attention of John, but from then on it was strictly FEDEX and bottom line even though I am a verifeid shipper one desk clerk was able to stop my shippment on a technicality that most of us don't think twice about.

Well I am off to Daytona to try at a different hub! I will let you guys/gals know how it goes when I get back.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to karbogast For This Useful Post:

Wh00h0069 (10-28-2008)

Thanks

You complain because you dislike FedEx following their own rules?
    Granted, it may have been a violation that slipped past hundreds of times...but it has been happening with increasing frequency as more & more people are getting waivers. The simplest way around it is to ship to a business. Personally, I always have my live animal packages held at FedEx for me to pick up, and generally encourage my customers to do the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast