Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,458

4 members and 3,454 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

oddball the piebald

Well I was cleaning out the babie/juvie rack and notice the piebald was getting a bit bigger,so i wanted to get a few pics of her but she was stubborn, and wouldn't sit still. She also hid her head alot so I only got one decent pic of her. If you guys want more let me know and I'll mess around with her a bit more tomm before feeding.

Collection: 1.2pastel 1.1albino 1.1het albino 1.0 het pied 0.1 pied 1.0 mojave 1.0 african lesser 1.1 cinny 1.0sable 0.1spider 0.1enchi pastel 1.0 pinstripe 1.0bumble bee 2.17 normal 0.1 green tree python 2.0 boas

Thanks

Re: oddball the piebald

Pretty. I'd say wait until nighttime when you go to take pictures of her. Use whatever lighting you have in the room, avoid flash since it may scare her, and change your camera setting to tungsten if you have it. I find that the best times to take pictures are during the night, or around feeding time, this is when they are the most active.

If you have sensitivity settings on your camera try putting it on the highest setting, it will produce a bit of noise in the picture, but it will allow for better shots. If you have lamps for her turn them on and point them toward a white surface, reflecting back at her, this will increase the light without causing too much glare, as well as softening the light in general.

Gorgeous snake, and yes we always want more pictures, unless, of course, it will cause too much stress to the snake.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks

Yes the problem with that is my camra isn't working right so for now I'am useing my phone for pictures thats why it isnt the best looking..
    Collection: 1.2pastel 1.1albino 1.1het albino 1.0 het pied 0.1 pied 1.0 mojave 1.0 african lesser 1.1 cinny 1.0sable 0.1spider 0.1enchi pastel 1.0 pinstripe 1.0bumble bee 2.17 normal 0.1 green tree python 2.0 boas

Thanks

Ah, well does your phone have a setting for indoor lighting? Usually they will and can autocorrect for the white balance being off by the yellow/red range of the tungsten. If it does then you should have no problem taking pictures at night time, provided the room has enough light. I find that using flash is just a waste because it messes too much with the image, higher sensitivity and higher lighting in the enviroment make for better pictures (if I use a flash I have it bounce off of things, as well, instead of having it hit directly, but you can't do that with a phone), if with a bit of noise pollution.

I just say you should try that because nighttime, whether there is unnatural lighting or not, tends to see more active snakes. I know my adult is a lot more active at night, even if I turn the light on, it doesn't seem to phase him too terribly.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks

The auto white balance is always on,I have no flash on my phone since verizon is gay.

Well my snakes are never normal i have one the does everything during the day and nothing at night,and most of my snakes dont seem to care what time it is this is what the tend to do for weekly activaty..feed day eat sleep for 2-4days rest of the time wait right at the end of the rack where it opens cause food comes there..my typical snakes.