Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

1 members and 3,261 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Virginia Beach, VA - Woman killed by pet python

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But I'd be willing to bet you do not soon forget this thread and what was said in it, both positive and negative.

Ever wonder if that was the point, the not forgetting, of any of the posters?
    you are right about not forgetting this thread......but dont you think there is another way besides bashing her,and accusing the husband of killing her and blaming the snake?

ill never forget this thread because it shows that this may be the friendliest reptile forum on the net as long as your snake doesnt kill you

Thanks

Wow this thread went down hill fast...

I think that we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think there is a right and a wrong way to say things. I have done it both ways on here and now I try to be more positive than negative.

I know that a lot of herp lovers come here for support during times of hardship. When I lost my hatchling male this is the first forum I came to. I know it is not the same thing by any means. I just hope that the people related to this lady didn't try to come here for support they would have been ridiculed and attacked for the actions of their "stupid" friend.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoax View Post
    I just hope that the people related to this lady didn't try to come here for support they would have been ridiculed and attacked for the actions of their "stupid" friend.
    I disagree.

No one was attacked but the people expressing opinions, particularly those not showing sympathy for someone who did something stupid.

Accusations of murder were pure speculation, no facts, just guesses.

Her breaking THE rule is FACT. The rest is written and there for any to see.

Just because the truth hurts does NOT mean it should be covered up or mentioned only in whispers or, even worse, excused because the stupidity lead to the death of an otherwise, so far as we have been told, nice girl.

Unless I've missed a post or two, no one related to her was attacked, accused of murder, but not attacked for having an opinion.

If calling this woman stupid a hundred times keeps one doofus from doing what she did ....... where as praising her for her wanting to help a sick snake lead to her dying makes someone else think THEY could do it for what ever reason and ads yet another stupid death to the toll....

Well, you all do as you like. When it all goes wrong I'm sure we'll hear about it and comment in threads about it.

If you don't want the world knowing that you're stupid, don't do stupid things.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

I agree I think it was marvelously stupid...

I just don't think we should be fighting amongst us.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<

Thanks

Someone in this thread mentioned something about lung cancer and suicide and how those deaths are treated.

I know two people who killed themselves. I will kick both of their asses so badly when I see them again that if they ever get the chance to off themselves again, they won't. I cried at both funerals and am angry and sad and disappointed to this day and it's been years.

My friends made STUPID mistakes. I understand why, just as I understand why this woman made HER stupid mistake, they made them.

I'll not be sugar coating it and making excuses. I'm all the things I mentioned, which some of you seem to think is necessary and ALL that should be felt for and thought of the dead.

I simply disagree.

Let's talk lung cancer. Let's compare nicotine addiction to stupidity.

You KNOW it is addicting in the EXTREME.

You KNOW it is LIKELY, not possible but PROBABLY GOING TO HAPPEN, that your LIFE will be SHORTENED by injesting this drug.

You KNOW you may well DIE by injesting this drug.

You have seen friends and strangers DIE by injesting this drug.

No one made you take it. No one is forcing you to continue taking it.
    Don't EVEN come crying to me about how hard it is to quit, YOU started this habit KNOWING it would be but you probaly thought you were the one it a hundred who could quit just because you wanted to. YOU did it to YOU.

Tell me again why I should feel sorry for you STUPID action?

I've got a brother who has smoked for over 30 years. He's younger than me and looks older, his lungs are full of crap, his teeth are yellow and his gums are in bad shape. His skin is wrinkled and he stinks all the time from his smoking.

For over 30 years I've told him it was a stupid habit. If he dies from it I will at his wake lament the fact that he was addicted to a drug that he knew could well be a serious detriment to his health and that because of that I don't have my little brother anymore. That doesn't mean I don't care or won't miss him, it just means that truth is important. If you cover up the truth you do a disservice to your fellow man. For my own self I can't do that in this type of situation.

Be it snakes or drugs or driving fast or what have you, when someone dies by making a STUPID mistake, not a newbie mistake or a mistake all unknowing, others can benefit from the knowledge of how that mistake was made. They, your fellow man, will learn nothing if it is glossed over or covered up.

So again, if you would, explain to me why saying this woman did a STUPID thing is rude? It may not be kind, but it's the truth. If she didn't want it to be the truth she should have followed THE RULE.
    www.humanewatch.org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

monk90222 (11-28-2008)

Thanks

I agree with you 100% I just think there is a better way of saying it. I know it is just splitting hairs with words. I just think that you could say she broke the #1 rule with dealing with large harps and being alone and people would know what you meant. Or something similar. I think it was the people who were automatically accusing the husband of killing her (which is absolutely STUPID) and then the bluntness of your comment that really started this. I agree with you you can be sympathetic while still pointing out the truth. I just don't really see the benefit of having that argument here.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -

Thanks

There never really was an argument from my point of view.

It was basically semantics and not fitting into the boxes other people insist on living in.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoax View Post
    I think it was the people who were automatically accusing the husband of killing her (which is absolutely STUPID)
    Why would you say that? I was one of those people who believe there is more to this story than what has been published. Were you there?...Did you see the snake kill her?....You weren't.....so you do not know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    I heartily dislike this back and forth jabbing at each other. Why do you folks have to do this? Do your ego's really need this boost of one upping each other on a daily basis?

Can we simply focus on good snake keeping habits when it comes to larger snakes and leave the amateur CSIing and the insults out? I'd rather we learned from this tragedy, wouldn't you?

Ball Pythons:
    1.0 Queenbee; 1.0 Spider; 1.0 Spider Het VPI Axanthic
    1.0 Albino Cinny; 1.0 Albino Pin; 1.0 Butter Pastel
    0.1 Het Axanthic; 0.2 Albino; 0.1 Pied
    0.1 Pastave; 0.1 Pastel; 0.1 Butter
    0.1 Super Vanilla Mojave
    Others:
    1.0 Kahl Albino BCI
    1.0 Albino Anaconda Hognose
    Mammals:
    4.0 Kitties, 3.1 Doggos, 0.2 Horses

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monk90222 View Post
    Why would you say that? I was one of those people who believe there is more to this story than what has been published. Were you there?...Did you see the snake kill her?....You weren't.....so you do not know.
    I am kinda drunk so i am going to say this plainly.

I could care less if the cat killed her. I was simply responding to this stupid jabbing back and fourth over nothing.

Its pointless and kinda dumb.
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011