Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,176

2 members and 3,174 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Cool welcome me into "the club"

well I just got my first "bite" today and all it did was remind me why I hate cats... Its feeding day I pre-scented the room and by now my little guy knows his feeding schedual. When I went back to take him out and feed him sepreatly I seen he was already looking around his tank for Mr. Mousie-Face. i reached in to grab him and I noticed he was in the 'S' shape but I didn't think he could confuse my hand with a mouse, after all I am bigger right? Anyway he struck at me and I could feel the bite but he immediatly let go, I gave him a stern "No!" (as if he heard me) then decided to just drop the mouse in. No bite marks blood or anything (unlike a cat attack) and I know where the snake was comming from he thought I was a mouse (unlike a cat which does it for the fun of it). So im now in the bite club, I guess, and ball pythons are still better than cats!

Thanks

Re: welcome me into "the club"

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
    well I just got my first "bite" today and all it did was remind me why I hate cats... Its feeding day I pre-scented the room and by now my little guy knows his feeding schedual. When I went back to take him out and feed him sepreatly I seen he was already looking around his tank for Mr. Mousie-Face. i reached in to grab him and I noticed he was in the 'S' shape but I didn't think he could confuse my hand with a mouse, after all I am bigger right? Anyway he struck at me and I could feel the bite but he immediatly let go, I gave him a stern "No!" (as if he heard me) then decided to just drop the mouse in. No bite marks blood or anything (unlike a cat attack) and I know where the snake was comming from he thought I was a mouse (unlike a cat which does it for the fun of it). So im now in the bite club, I guess, and ball pythons are still better than cats!
    Most bites happen when people put their snakes in a separate enclosure to feed. I, haven't been bitten feeding in cage, cause I never have to touch them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

TimmyG (10-16-2008)

Thanks

Welcome to the club

Either yoiu shouldn't pre scent or you should move it into the container before pre scenting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JayBP For This Useful Post:

TimmyG (10-16-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    Most bites happen when people put their snakes in a separate enclosure to feed. I, haven't been bitten feeding in cage, cause I never have to touch them.
    It never happened to me. My first bite was when I was weighing my BRB. Lol.

Thanks

I've decided that since he's basicly a great tempered snake (if my needle blunder in another post is any indication) I don't really need to concern myself with feeding in a separate container to improve temperment. So next time I'll just do like I did today without trying to move the little guy. Thanks for your guys input!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
    I've decided that since he's basicly a great tempered snake (if my needle blunder in another post is any indication) I don't really need to concern myself with feeding in a separate container to improve temperment. So next time I'll just do like I did today without trying to move the little guy. Thanks for your guys input!
    Haha, I don't really know how temperament would improve feeding in another enclosure, my worst tempered snake is fed in the enclosure to avoid issues all together.