Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,423

2 members and 3,421 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: weird feeding

Thanks

weird feeding

So, I throw in a asf to one of my bigger females and wait a few seconds, next thing I hear under the news paper is WAM but something does not look right. Shes almost perfectly straight and not moving much? So I uncover her and see a bloodbath, the first thing i think of is "oh no the asf killed her!" But that is not what happened, she couldn't get a good grip on the asf! She had it with her teeth half the time and that was it, and the poor asf was thrashing around trying to escape and its chest had been cut open from her teeth( that's where the blood bath came from) so I grab my tongs and hold the asf still while she continues to have a poor grip on it. It finally dies and she begins to eat it( the whole time I'm checking her over for any bites, but she had the asf by the head so at least that was not an issue, im scared to think what would have happened if she had it somewhere else...) Whats up with this? My guess is the asf spazzed out and wouldn't let her get a good grip on it, or that she had it in a weird position to where she couldn't( It did look like that) get a grip. hmmm, any ideas?
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Re: weird feeding

I've had a few of my voracious feeders get overly excited and strike at food without "taking aim" and get a poor grip on it. Last night I had one grab a mouse by the tail- she wrapped around the body and constricted it, but it did look funny. I always keep an eye on my live feeders to make sure they don't get bit just in case things like that happen. Glad your snake didn't get injured.