Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,521

2 members and 3,519 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

The test results are in...

and my rescued ball python is now free and clear of any and all parasites!

Of course that's great news on its own, but the best news of all is that I no longer have to see this idiotic vet EVER AGAIN. -lol- When I called today to get the results, they couldn't even figure out who I was or how the fecal sample got there. The receptionist asked if I'd dropped it off. Yes, 4 DAYS AGO... Of course she didn't even know if they'd done the test so she had to go find out. Blah blah blah, she came back and said they "didn't think" he had any more parasites. I told her to go make sure for f's sake. I'm so glad to be done with them.

If anyone can recommend any good herp vets in south florida, near Boca Raton, PLEASE do. Who knows when I might need one again.

I'll get some pictures up of the little guy within the next two days. A mid-day exam might prevent me from getting them up tomorrow, but hopefully by Wednesday. I'm SO proud of him I can't even see straight. I know he didn't really DO anything, but I'm just so glad to have him back on the right track again. He took his largest meal yet just the other day: a live rat crawler.

Watch out laydees, he's gonna be puttin on some weight, and lookin' foine.

Thanks

Re: The test results are in...

Great news

Hope to see pics soon
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

congrats on a now healthy snake!

Thanks

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!
    Good luck on your test!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Congrats
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

YAY! nothing better then a clean vet report. My vet is an idiot too! RAWR!!!!!>_< I share your frustration! I'm glad things are looking up and may they continue to get better!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks

Congrats! I don't know about S. Fla exotic vets. I just went to Browad Avian & Exotic (Pompano Beach), and they did a good job treating my BP (I've had her for 1 month, and she only ate one ASF rat & lost 240 grams. But she's now eating like a piggy). She received Flagyl (had no fecal, so no deworming) & had blood tests done which came back with elevated Monocytes (infection that was resolving itself was the vet's diagnosis). But the vet is not a fan of rack systems, and told me to lower the temps (my temps are spot on) so that the infection could resolve itself. Needless to say, I did not do this. It just didn't seem to me that BPs are common patients in that clinic.

I've heard Wiles Animal Hospital in Coral Springs is good. You may want to call and ask how many BPs they treat. It seems 'exotics' refers more to ferrets, bunnies, and iguanas.

Let me know if you want any more info.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuzeBallPythons View Post
    Congrats! I don't know about S. Fla exotic vets. I just went to Browad Avian & Exotic (Pompano Beach), and they did a good job treating my BP (I've had her for 1 month, and she only ate one ASF rat & lost 240 grams. But she's now eating like a piggy). She received Flagyl (had no fecal, so no deworming) & had blood tests done which came back with elevated Monocytes (infection that was resolving itself was the vet's diagnosis). But the vet is not a fan of rack systems, and told me to lower the temps (my temps are spot on) so that the infection could resolve itself. Needless to say, I did not do this. It just didn't seem to me that BPs are common patients in that clinic.

I've heard Wiles Animal Hospital in Coral Springs is good. You may want to call and ask how many BPs they treat. It seems 'exotics' refers more to ferrets, bunnies, and iguanas.

Let me know if you want any more info.
    Broward Avian and Exotics Animal Hospital is the idiotic vet I was using. I was seeing Dr. Kelleher, so maybe you were treated by a different vet. I know they have three or so on staff. Personally, I will never go back there, and before you get treated the way I was, I definitely recommend that you hunt down a new vet as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mindibun View Post
    Broward Avian and Exotics Animal Hospital is the idiotic vet I was using. I was seeing Dr. Kelleher, so maybe you were treated by a different vet. I know they have three or so on staff. Personally, I will never go back there, and before you get treated the way I was, I definitely recommend that you hunt down a new vet as well.
    Same vet! I wasn't actually recommending her in my post, though. She did give my BP the correct treatment and I am happy about that, but she was telling me that racks don't provide the correct heat gradient, blah, blah. & when she told me to lower the temps to fight off the infection I figured I should find a new vet. Not too mention she almost wrestled my poor snake (who is really just shy).

But your visit sounds much worse than mine. I'm glad you posted because now I am definitely going to start calling vets & asking how much experience they have with BPs. The 'exotic vet' title is so misleading...
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Thanks

Yes, she explained to me that a tub set-up was a bad idea, and that he needed (at the very LEAST) a 40gal breeder, UV lights, etc. Everything that a ball python definitely does NOT need. She also handled my snake very roughly and that was entirely unneccessary. He was completely cooperating with her and not acting aggressive by any means, yet she was holding his neck so tightly I thought his eyes would pop out. If you go through and look at my previous posts you can see everything that occured. To say the least, I was not happy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast