Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,249

0 members and 3,249 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

I love firsts...

Well today has been a day or firsts for me and my girl Angelina Jolie.

I woke up this morning to her first poop since ive had her(about a week). I was so excited because i know shes having good bowel movements.

She also began her first shed since ive had her last night. I checked on her and she only got the first half of the shed off so i have her soaking in a container of water for 15-20 mins so i can help her with the rest. Is this ok?

EDIT- And tonight is going to be her first feeding with me
    Last edited by iM DoCtor; 10-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks

Re: I love firsts...

Quote Originally Posted by iM DoCtor View Post
    Well today has been a day or firsts for me and my girl Angelina Jolie.

I woke up this morning to her first poop since ive had her(about a week). I was so excited because i know shes having good bowel movements.

She also began her first shed since ive had her last night. I checked on her and she only got the first half of the shed off so i have her soaking in a container of water for 15-20 mins so i can help her with the rest. Is this ok?
    Congrats! And yeah soaking her for a few minutes in warm, I think the recommendation is around 85-90 degree, water will help with getting some of that shed off. Then just take a damp paper towel or bath towel and let her run through it a couple times while you hold it loosely, that always does the trick for me . What are your temps and humidity levels in her enclosure? Usually when I notice that mine are going into shed I bump the humidity up to about 70% or put a humid hide into their tub, it usually does the trick and I've only had to deal with one stuck shed in the last few months.

Good luck with her!
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

My temp. on her warm side is 90 right now, and since i noticed it looked like shed be shedding soon(her eyes were getting foggy and stuff) i misted the tank frequently so her humiditys been around 65-75 for the past 2 days. I think she might just be lazy, i noticed pieces of shed around her rock and then check under her hide and she was just chillin half shed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Wow, our snakes are in sync. My snake was mid shed last night and I woke up to a big poo this morning! Both firsts for me.
    What a coincidence
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iM DoCtor View Post
    I think she might just be lazy, i noticed pieces of shed around her rock and then check under her hide and she was just chillin half shed.
    Yeah I think that sometimes it may just be that the snake is lazy. My spider is the only one that's given me any problems with shedding lately and it was all ready to come off he just didn't seem to want to take the time to do it lol. You should post some post-shed pics once she's done!
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Wow, our snakes are in sync. My snake was mid shed last night and I woke up to a big poo this morning! Both firsts for me.
    What a coincidence
    They love to poop when they shed lol check this pic out. She was saving this up for a while. I weighed her 2 days prior and she was 490g then the day she shed and pooped she weighed 405g! That's an 85g poop there!

It smelled soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I took everything out of the tub, cleaned the whole thing even the inside of the rack and I can still smell it when I open the thing up lol
    ~Adam~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
    They love to poop when they shed lol check this pic out. She was saving this up for a while. I weighed her 2 days prior and she was 490g then the day she shed and pooped she weighed 405g! That's an 85g poop there!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/DSC02225.jpg

It smelled soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I took everything out of the tub, cleaned the whole thing even the inside of the rack and I can still smell it when I open the thing up lol
    Im afraid for the day my girl takes a poo that big...*cringes*

EDIT-Ill definatly try to get some pictures up tonight, but for now i decided im going to let her try again on her own. She really didnt like being confined to the water, so i took her out, heavily mister her tank and gunna see what she does.

Thanks

Well she got most of the shed off herself, i just helped with the very end of her tail.

I also just had my first feeding with her. It took her some time to strike the hopper, and i felt bad because she got a bad strike on it and got its chest and not its head, made it take longer and seem so much worse. Ill get used to it with time.

Thanks

Congrats always feels good to know you have a happy healthy snake