You can't fix stupid, and some people are just that. When people bring preconceived notions about a particular dog breed, you can't do much to change their minds. You can point out that cocker spaniels and labs bite more than pits, but when a pit bites, that's the one that makes the paper. I think BSL is the stupidest thing that our "leaders" can do. Punish the deed, not the breed. Ban pitbulls, the thugs move on to another kind of dog. They are already doing it with Corsos and other mastiff types.

I get the same thing with my GSD, people who are scared of him because "he looks like a cop dog". Good, stay away from us. If you aren't smart enough to realize that a dog that is walking under control with it's owner isn't a threat, then go ahead, cross over to the other side of the street to avoid me. Little do they know that he's a complete lover boy who will let anyone pet him, who loves kids, and is as gentle as they come. Is he a badass? Sure, he's trained in protection, he knows how to bite, he's confident with his ability, but he's not going to bite anyone unless I tell him to or I'm being attacked. Then his training comes into play and he's all business.