Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,429

2 members and 3,427 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: some people are just plain dumb

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    I think if there's a problem in an area with dogs attacking people or other animals, then laws need to be passed and enforced that dog owners must TRAIN their dogs. Large dogs CAN be dangerous, and they do injure and kill people every year (plenty of small dogs cause injuries as well)--the breed is irrelevent to that. I highly disagree with BSL, but there are far too many people out there who are either too lazy or too ignorant to properly train their dogs so they will BE safe around people and other pets.

If they have to pass a law, it should be to require training, not to prevent people from owning dogs of specific kinds.
    again another good point! another point would be to make a record of all owners who have neglected their pets and make the punishment more severe to those who violate it! i mean yah if you can neglect a dog (or any pet for that matter) then you can face jail time but what is a few months? i mean in my neighborhood jail you get cable tv and 3 meals a day( that actually sounds pretty good)! so lets make it to where you violate the animal rights law then you cant own one again!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Don't sweat it, man. You shoulda said, "Hey thanks Lady!!! You saved my puppy because I was starting to worry that little girl might attack him!!!"
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

Just say its a short haired poodle. Nobody is afraid of a poodle. If she couldn't recognize that it was a pit bull then you could have said anything and she wouldn't have a clue. Stupid people are fun to mess with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiftto5 View Post
    and that next time she saw me with him she would make sure he would never be on the "streets" again, So did i do something wrong? should i lie and tell everyone he is a "stafford shire terrier" i mean what would you do?
    She threatened your dogs life???? Thats horrible, i dont think i could let that slide, without at least some sarcastic come back (to make me feel better). Also you should never have to lie about your dogs breed, be proud of his breed. I have a doberman, and i love when people ask what breed he is. As far as my dog goes, hes huge and looks like a typical doberman, minus the cropped ears, but i dont get too many negative comments about him, i guess maybe because when you finally meet a dobie up close you realize how goofy and lovable they really are.

Thanks

who cares what people say ive wanted a pit for a long time hopefully i can get one sometime soon
    NiCk

Thanks

i agree completely, some people are morons! i remember when my GSD was a pup, a woman in a pet store seen him and grabbed her daughter and started basically screaming in fear. she made everyone look at us, like my puppy was attacking her. she SCARED my puppy, what a great day of socializing that turned out to be.
    0.1 ♥♥♥Mojave, Peyote ♥♥♥
    1.0 Pastave,
    1.0 Ghost, Marley
    1.0 Pastel Male, Houdini
    0.2 Normals, Violet & Indigo
    1.1 Het Hypos, Striker & Charger
    1.0 German Shepherd Dog, Apollo
    0.1 Chihuahua, Brooklyn
    0.2 Min Pins, Isis & Vixen
    0.2 Cats, Spook and Miffy
    0.0.3 Super Blue Dendrobates Auratus
    rats, 0.2 'tiels, ~sings~ and a partridge in a pear tree..
    ~RIP Ekektra we miss you every second of the day 5/27/09 - 7-04-10~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4theSNAKElady View Post
    Don't sweat it, man. You shoulda said, "Hey thanks Lady!!! You saved my puppy because I was starting to worry that little girl might attack him!!!"
    lmaoooo thats a good one!
    0.1 ♥♥♥Mojave, Peyote ♥♥♥
    1.0 Pastave,
    1.0 Ghost, Marley
    1.0 Pastel Male, Houdini
    0.2 Normals, Violet & Indigo
    1.1 Het Hypos, Striker & Charger
    1.0 German Shepherd Dog, Apollo
    0.1 Chihuahua, Brooklyn
    0.2 Min Pins, Isis & Vixen
    0.2 Cats, Spook and Miffy
    0.0.3 Super Blue Dendrobates Auratus
    rats, 0.2 'tiels, ~sings~ and a partridge in a pear tree..
    ~RIP Ekektra we miss you every second of the day 5/27/09 - 7-04-10~

Thanks

It seems to be the same all over. This is a topic I do know a bit about. I have never met a mean pit, or a mean rott, or any of the ones "they" say are mean. on the other hand I have been bit by a poodle, and a dalmation tried to bite me once(belonged to a friend of the family) and I know a minpin/rat terrier mix that is in my opinion evil. I had a guy that lived next door to me once that trained his labs to be attack dogs. I acctually had to "get rid of" one of the best dogs I have ever known, because a nosey, mean lady that at the time lived down the street from me complained to the athoritys that I had a visious rott...(she was a rott/ st.bernard mix) That girl loved everyone. never bit, or barked, would cry if someone new came by, a big baby.
    (all this in the middle of nowhere SD)
    Yah so I know.
    I also get that alot with my snake and rodents (aparently they are all going to kill me...)
    I miss that dog, and she looked nothing like a rott, but my mother-in-law told the lady what breed she was....how it all started.
    The best you can do is try and educate anyone who will listen.

Thanks

its true ppl r just stupid pitbulls are truely one of the nicest breeds of dogs i have 2 dogs one of which is a pit and have been around alot of dogs (volunteer at animal shelter) most of which are pits and there all so loving and nice even abused ones if u spend time with them.
    also its usually not the dog thats bad but the idiot moron ppl who train them to be mean and abuse them to the point of being mean.
    if you should be scared of any dog its s**tzus and those small breeds lol (jk)

but really ppl are so ignorant

Thanks

I would love to have a Pit! I worked in a few vet clinincs a while back, and some of the nicest dogs I worked with were Pit Bulls. But they're not the only ones with a bad rep. American Eskimos are know as 'face biters'. Apparently there are a few that are less than nice, but mine is not one of them. As a matter of fact, she's the second one I've had. They are somewhat nervous, shy dogs, but neither of mine have been biters. Yet everytime I take her to be groomed, to the vet, or to stay at day care, I get the silence on the other side of phone receiver as soon as I mention the breed. Then once I pick her up from the facility, they just adore her. I think of her as a little Eskie ambassador...lol.

Btw, your pup is absolutely gorgeous!
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast