Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

3 members and 3,313 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: some people are just plain dumb

bsl is actually starting in my home state and the state i live now!!! i mean what do i have to do to show them that they are wrong about the breed and that any dog can be mean if you train it that way! by the way very very cute dog. love the eyes

Thanks

[QUOTE=chondrogal;894598]

I would like to address why you have taken your 10 week old puppy out in public while he's still so young. Is he already fully vaccinated? Puppies are so susceptible to picking up virus's during this very tender age while they are building up immuniities to disease while the natural immunity they get from the mothers is fading away. To be taken seriously as a pit owner you must be responsible at all times and put the needs of your puppy tops. Wait till he's completed all his shots before taking him out and risking exposure.

QUOTE]

If the puppy has gotten its Parvo/Distemper shots then you should be fine taking him out on walks(The real threat is ignorant people like the "lady" you ran into!)
    I actually believe its very smart to get your dog out and expose them to as much a variety of environmental stimulation from a very young age.This is what I did with my Male APBT Homer and he is hands down the best dog I've ever had!

These are rough times for Pitbull owners with all the BSL (BS is more like it) going around...
    As previously Stated I woul say ignorance is the leading cause of the Pitbull prejudice(or all Prejudice for that matter)
    Its funny how two little words "pit" and "bull" when put together can strike fear into ones heart! I've had tons of people "oh what a pretty dog," while petting it "what kind of dog is it?" I'll reply "Pitbull" and suddenly the rules change They either cringe or pull theyre hand back.WTF? A second ago it was a pretty puppy now its a vicious killer?Hmmmm...
    Thats why these Days I will either reply ith the proper(non-slang) name The American Pitbull terrier or If I really think they are "one of those people" its a Staffordshire

Its funny though how little things can change a persons opinion of a dog.I have a friend that is a fellow APBT owner and told me about how they get the standard "pitbull cringe" when someone asks the breed,but then they put this dog sweater on and take her out shes soooo cute even when you drop the Pitbull bomb on them.So really you can get past ones ignorance with a little patience(and the right tools!)

Thanks

Heres a pic of Homer

Daisy

And of course one of My Puppies and I

Thanks

Personally I would have told her to go F*** herself...lol...

I had a pit growing up and he was always playful...turned out to be one of the best dogs ever. We gave him away cuz my brother went into the navy (it was his dog). Anyway, the girl that took him raised him up and when her two kids came along, no one could go near the kids. Every where the kids went, he went. If you got with in 20 feet of the kids, he was up on all four legs. He never attacked anyone, he just made it clear that those were his kids and no one was going to hurt them.

Damn I miss that dog....lol...

Thanks

oh no your breeding little death machines! lol im j/k very very cute dogs. and i did the same thing with kenya(thats the pups name) he has this little shirt that says daddies little angel or something to that extent, and everyone and there mom is like omg look at that little cutie what kind is he, i replie pitbull, and its like i pulled a gun on them. i really really want to move somewhere elese. how is italy on pits

Thanks

Homer

you do need to red eye fix this pic though it makes him look like hes staring into you soul lol

Thanks

He is....!

Thanks

lol that explains it then. what are you going to do with the pups?

Thanks

by the way he looks like my female
    madi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

"Every where the kids went, he went. If you got with in 20 feet of the kids, he was up on all four legs. He never attacked anyone, he just made it clear that those were his kids and no one was going to hurt them."

I've been told stories of shelties "herding" kids into sandboxes at playgrounds.. lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast