Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

2 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: Help!

Thanks

Help!

okay... so im pretty sure this isnt anything to worry about, but i need to know just so i can get some sleep tonight lol. okay so my little spider (who's REALLY shy) just ate his first meal (since i got him) and i just left the hopper in there for about 30 mins and when i checked on him a minute ago he had already eaten it and had it alllll the way down already but when i turned the light on and took the towl off (i did this because he wouldnt eat otherwise) he sat there for a minute and then he lifted his head and neck up pretty high like almost straight in the air and started wabling really bad and was opening his mouth, so i freaked out and thought he was regurgitating! so i turned the light off and put the towl back on right away and then looked at him a minute later and he looked fine... so my question is.. is it possible for them to start regurgitating and then not actually do it? or was he just adjusting his jaw or pushing the food farther down (it was already way down there) or what??? and if he did like "half way regurg" and then stop, is pretty bad for him?

sry it was so long, im just paranoid about my little guy. oh and the F mojo ate good right away.

THANKS!
    0.0.1 snow corn
    0.1 creamsicle corn
    0.0.1 normal
    0.1 mojave
    0.1 pastel
    1.0 spider

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Help!

My BP does that too. I think it is them just using gravity to get the food down. He usually opens his mouth a lot after a meal to realign his jaw.
    ~Steffe

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That sounds normal to me. Usually, right when Pandora's about to swallow the rat, she stands her neck right up and if the feed is big, she takes a while to push it down. I'm pretty sure the opening the mouth thing is just realignment of the jaws which happens shortly after or eventually after feeding. If there were any serious issues, it would be very evident by now. Maybe the rat/mouse was a bit too big? I don't know. I'm sure it's fine

Thanks

i know it wasnt too big ( well it was a little smaller than the one the breeder gave cuz the one she gave me died on the way home). but thanks.. i was worried about my little guy cuz im not used to all the wabbling either lol. he has a pretty bad wabble. anyone know why spiders do that??
    0.0.1 snow corn
    0.1 creamsicle corn
    0.0.1 normal
    0.1 mojave
    0.1 pastel
    1.0 spider