Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,731

2 members and 2,729 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

My "female" boa, and other foolishness

I got this BCC boa a while back...sold to me as a 6' (not so much, actually), female (whoa, there's something extra down there!) aggressive biting boa (funny, I'm not bleeding?) The seller shall remain nameless to protect the stupid, LOL

Turns out I have an adult male, about 5 and a quarter feet, and other than a little head shy, a complete sweetheart...he's in shed in these pics...there's a lot more color under there...

"She" was pretty snappy and unhandleable the first few days...kind of makes me wonder how he was being kept, considering I didn't have to work with him at all to get him to this point...after a few days of settling in, I needed to clean the cage, and was able to pull him right out...no hissing or biting at all...he's actually become one of my favorites to hold on my lap when I'm on the internet...

I don't mind the mixup, though it was moderately annoying when I realized I had a male. (Couldn't really complain at that point, because I waited several months before the length of the tail gave me reason to sex "her" )

I am female heavy now, so he will fit in perfectly...

Could have been much worse, so I am considering myself lucky...didn't get what I wanted/paid for, but I'm happy with what I ended up with.
    Heather Martin

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: My "female" boa, and other foolishness

He is very handsome!!
    You hold him in your lap while you are on the computer? Heavens, I can't do that!! My Samantha would take off! Sometimes holding her is like holding a corn snake, except they don't squeeze that hard, and they aren't that heavy.
    He is a real cutie though. Congratulations on the new sweetie!!