Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,286

0 members and 3,286 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Possible shed stuck on NOSE. D:

So, I'd post pictures so you'd have a better look, but I dont have a camera, so the best I can do it just type it out.

My snake's shed many a time quite well, but the past two times, I noticed a small spot in between her nasal passages (not her heat pits/vents) on about two scales that's a little more dull than usual. It wasn't as dull with the first shed, but now it's more dull with the second, so it leaves me to believe that there's two layers of shed on her, just in that area.

Her temps have always been fine- I came here originally to know how to do things- cool side is 81-83, warm is 89-91, and ambient is around 86 usually.

Humidity is always inbetween 52-60%, unless she's near shed, then I bump it up to 60-65%

To take care of her stuck shed (When she has some, which is hardly ever, because of the awesome care tips you guys always give), I usually let her soak for a bit in luke warm water, then gently rub her from neck to tail, letting her do most of the movement on a lukewarm moist towel.. I'd go into more detail about it, but you guys know what I mean :p

My question now is : Do I do the same for her head? she always squirms when I try to get a better look, by holding her head, rightly so- it's their most vulerable spot, I'd squirm like a mofo too. But do I just use a moist washcloth to try to get at it, or is there a better way? Should I just bump her Humidity up a bit higher than usual for her next shed? I mean, if all goes right, it should come off, I would think......

Thanks

Re: Possible shed stuck on NOSE. D:

Could it possibly be just the way the light is coming off of her nose on that one part or from rubbing? I would just bump the humidty up and she'll probably rub it off herself with the next shed or sooner (the least stressful method), or try to rub it off by holdinger head if you're that worried about it.