Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,194

0 members and 3,194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: Helix?

Thanks

Helix?

My helix, has the red light on, where it says "check system" i've had this before, and all i had to do was reset the unit (turn it off and then back on) this time that didn't work. It seems it still has heat, but the error won't go away.

Any Ideas?
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: Helix?

Hey Tyree,

I'm running about 18 DBS-1000's total and I have one that I can't clear the little red light on. It's been that way for about 3 years. Not sure what the deal is, but it still works perfectly (even with the little red light on).

I know that Helix will fix the problem if you send them the stat, but I'm a lazy ace and have just never gotten around to it.

Check the temp where the probe is and if everything is where it's supposed to be, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

You might want to give Helix a call on Monday just to see what they say ... they always have had excellent customer service for me.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    Hey Tyree,

I'm running about 18 DBS-1000's total and I have one that I can't clear the little red light on. It's been that way for about 3 years. Not sure what the deal is, but it still works perfectly (even with the little red light on).

I know that Helix will fix the problem if you send them the stat, but I'm a lazy ace and have just never gotten around to it.

Check the temp where the probe is and if everything is where it's supposed to be, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

You might want to give Helix a call on Monday just to see what they say ... they always have had excellent customer service for me.

-adam
    Everything seems to be running fine. I'll keep an eye on it...i have a back up if it does decide to crap out.

Thanks!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

You need to call Helix. Should be an E3 error if i remember correctly. Ive recently switched over to a Herpstat Pro.

Anyways, its caused by electrical radio interference by another object. Mine was my oil filled heater.

Helix will send you a "shunt" that you plug into the phone jack on the bottom. A series of steps and its good as new. Best of all the shunt is free as well as shipping!!!

In the mean time move your Helix away from any other high energy electronics. It causes no harm to your Helix with the light on, or using the shunt.

Hope this helps.